SLC 001 Build

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN5970s.jpg
    DSCN5970s.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 2,461
Looks like a body mount and hinge of some type????

With those latches he can release the rear body from inside work from inside with either a cable and handle or with electric lock unit. I like the idea for a street car.

Don't spill the beans Rob. Make em wait for the big reveal. My lips are sealed
(unless someone shows me some cash)

Funny you should say that Alex, after spending too much time making this system I kind of felt the same way. But the reason I did it was to prevent having the Aero latches sitting on top of my rear fenders. On my car that is where they would have HAD to have been located. In retrospect I would have probably just done the Aero latches and been done with it. On the other hand it was a cool exercise and I am pleased with the aesthetic and functional result.

The 'other' thing is the rear wing and deck lid mount and hinge. Although one can see bits and pieces of it here and there I am not ready to show it in it's entirety just yet.
But apparently Wayne can be bought :pirate: <grin>

Last edited:
Dave,
I will PM an address. I require cash sent FedEX in increments of $1000. Once I rec 10 envelopes I will release any and all pic's. Any attempts to trace package you will.... ya get it!

Rob, There's a quick $5k for ya.

Thanks for your interest Buddy.

One of the things I am working on right now is a rear suspension droop limiting device. Prototype is done and it works very well. Pretty simple and the idea should be even easier to implement on the later cars relative to my car due to a factory chassis update.

Here is a question - How much droop travel are you guys seeing on your cars? Is the droop stop the interference between the push rod and the control arm?

I will get some pictures together and post.

For those that may want to control the suspension droop on the rear of their car here is one possible solution. On the newer cars I would say that you would not need the chassis stop bracket, because on the newer cars the bell crank is in on the same plane as the chassis tube with little gap between. Thereby making it so that you only need the bell crank tab and a rubber block on the chassis (currently shown as the wood block). I managed to mess up the updated aluminum bell cranks Fran sent me and had to resort to the original steel ones. Regardless the idea applies to either material.

Attachments

• Image0358.jpg
    Image0358.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 426
  • Image0357.jpg
    Image0357.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 402
  • Image0368.jpg
    Image0368.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 433
  • Image0363.jpg
    Image0363.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
Oh and one other thing....I finally was able to get the dimensions and pattern off of the LS3 blower top plate transferred to the LS7 (blank) top plate. So now I am officially able to attach my Magnuson blower to the engine without the need for masking tape to hold it on.
This would have been a whole lot easier if I had an LS3 engine to start with. Ugh.

Two years in the process.....Its a big day :)

Attachments

• Image0377.jpg
    Image0377.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 435
Some recent doin's. The SC intercooler needs a separate water system, hence a separate tank. Of course the one they send has no hope of fitting in the place I have to put it (above/next to the fuel filler pipe).

Attachments

• Image0407.jpg
    Image0407.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 670
  • Image0409.jpg
    Image0409.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 732
  • Image0411.jpg
    Image0411.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 570
  • Image0412.jpg
    Image0412.jpg