SLC Build Thread-Chassis #53

My engine is in CT (the correct lifters finally came) so I decided to post some anti-rotary pictures. These are my ALL-PRo Lsw Ls7 ported by Richard @ WCCH (West Coast Cylinder Head) with custom HKE spec Jesel rockers:

Retro001small.jpg

ap-1h.jpg

AP1.jpg

Roberto,

Love those Jesels! :thumbsup: Now you need to dress them up with some CF valve covers.....

You're moving right along. What's the color scheme?

Attachments

• LS7dryfitted[1].jpg
    LS7dryfitted[1].jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 881
  • RightFront[2].jpg
    RightFront[2].jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 812
Thanks Doc.

I'm painting it House of Kolor UK11 (Kandy Apple Red) with a Silver Metallic/Pearl base. (this chip is using a gold base).

Attachments

• UK11_BC02.jpg
    UK11_BC02.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 571
:lipsrsealed:
DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

I should probably test fit this before putting the body in the booth tomorrow...but no time for that. If it doesn't fit, I'll get a set of the scoops Efnfast is having made. :lipsrsealed:

Meanwhile poor old Alex is STILL waiting for his engine, lol!

I don't know about you, but for the price ($$$$$$) Jenvey charges for the air boxes I'd be a bit upset with what they sent you - it looks like it is in desperate need of some wetsand&polishing, plus is that dents/thumbprints I see in it???? :/

Btw, take pics of the fitment, I'm really curious!

I don't know about you, but for the price ($$$$$$) Jenvey charges for the air boxes I'd be a bit upset with what they sent you - it looks like it is in desperate need of some wetsand&polishing, plus is that dents/thumbprints I see in it???? :/

It's a good thing you went a different route. They are note perfect museum pieces, but they are very high quality and weigh about 3oz each. I like them.

Does Reverie make the air boxes for Jenvey or do they make their own?

I don't remember the name of their carbon guy, but they do not make the carbon themselves as I understand it. They mentioned it being outsourced when I spoke to them.

It's a good thing you went a different route. They are note perfect museum pieces, but they are very high quality and weigh about 3oz each. I like them.

But ... but ... but ... the thumb prints in the mold. Ahhh, I can't take my eyes off of it! :lipsrsealed:

Alexisisisisisisisisis, obsessing over thumb prints in your mold :laugh:

Is everything in the package bolt-on and go? I remember looking at their website and certain things like the air boxes required machining still?

Is everything in the package bolt-on and go? I remember looking at their website and certain things like the air boxes required machining still?

Bolting the parts on should be the easy part. The mechanical tuning and the computer tuning are going to be the fun part. From what I've read incorporating the IAC, TPS, and MAP is a PITA. :drunk: Building the tables seems very labor intensive and requires a lot of time to get it right for cold starts and partial throttle operation. When you finally get all the kinks worked out and running smooth, winter hits and you get to build another table. How are you planning to tackle this installation? ITBs are awesome, I'm just not sure they're worth the effort.

P.S.

Reverie does seem to make some nice pieces, like the intake for the Ultima.
ultima_gtr1a.jpg

Now if you could fit some Kinsler ITBs into a box like that and put it into the SLC, that'd be sweet. Sorry, just dreaming.

Last edited:

No machining required for my kit, it was already done and so far is fitting together quite well. Assembled it yesterday for a quick mock up.

Bolting the parts on should be the easy part. The mechanical tuning and the computer tuning are going to be the fun part. From what I've read incorporating the IAC, TPS, and MAP is a PITA. :drunk: Building the tables seems very labor intensive and requires a lot of time to get it right for cold starts and partial throttle operation. When you finally get all the kinks worked out and running smooth, winter hits and you get to build another table. How are you planning to tackle this installation? ITBs are awesome, I'm just not sure they're worth the effort.

P.S.

Reverie does seem to make some nice pieces, like the intake for the Ultima.
ultima_gtr1a.jpg

Now if you could fit some Kinsler ITBs into a box like that and put it into the SLC, that'd be sweet. Sorry, just dreaming.

I ran a Harrop itb in my c6 (dbw). Yes, it did require some extra time tuning after initial WOT tuning, but I fell in love with everything itb's do well and it drove better than my old rumpity rump 402 stroker with a FAST plastic single tb intake.

If I was really smart, I would have bought a LS376 crate engine and have had my car on the road 3 months ago...:laugh:

BTW, Reverie did not make the carbon boxes and air horns. I don't remember the name now, but I saw it when I unwrapped the other plenum yesterday.

What is it, just over twice the flow of a 102mm TB? Are those 52mm TBs?
With some long runners for some nice torque figures. Your project could prove very inspirational if it works out well. Keep it up.

BTW, what are you gonna use to tune it?

It's definitely more total throttle area than just about any single front mount tb, but from what I know it's not an apples to apples comparison since the cylinders don't all fire at the same time (obviously) plus share a common plenum after the tb.

Back