SLC water pipe system pictures ?

Howard Jones

Supporter
Does anyone have any pictures of how they did their coolant system piping on their SLC. I am looking at a custom alum system but I would like to see somebody else's before I move forward.

Howard,
I'm also thinking of a custom aluminum system. Now using an LS-2 water pump with
custom inlet/outlet fabricated for easier connections.

drivers (left) side a bit tricky around (under) the lower wishbone, up to the side pipe, then a 90 degree vertical up to needed height and another 90 degree parallel to the engine bulkhead. Similar for other side but only one 90 degree with that same 90 degree bend rotated upward for installation to about 45 degrees. Make the frone parts separate, locate at rear and tack weld the fronts in place. You will be able to completely remove them in one piece from the rear (I hope). Send me an e-mail to discuss.

Jack SL-C 009

here is one. we did the entire system hard line with an external water pump. didnt specifically take any pics of the system but can if you like.

Attachments

• DSC00548.JPG
    DSC00548.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 583
  • DSC00549.JPG
    DSC00549.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 559
Hi Tim, I would also be interested in some pic's as well as some other SL-C builders.
Your input is welcomed.

Tims builder has promised me some great shots of the build of this car.....note the new RCR SL-C carbon front splitter.
New carbon rear wings available too..

Its reportedly being built to use in a movie which should be very cool...

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
That's pretty much exactly what I have been thinking about. I have talked to a couple of fabrication shop here locally and I intend to take the car over to one in an couple of weeks.

If I come up with a good solution I will post the pictures after I have it done.

By the way, did you leave the brake pipes in place along the bottom of the footbox or move them?

Howard
Have the brake pipes (hardlines) in footbox right now, looking at ways to place them
in front of footbox bulkhead. Just have not got to it as yet.

few more pics

Attachments

• AC water.JPG
    AC water.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 417
  • AC lines.JPG
    AC lines.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 394
  • water pump3.JPG
    water pump3.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 394
  • water split.JPG
    water split.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 397
  • wtr line and AC.JPG
    wtr line and AC.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 449
  • wtr pump2 spliter.JPG
    wtr pump2 spliter.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 438
  • wtr line2.JPG
    wtr line2.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 372
Where did you source those steering rack rod ends with the flared seats / ball? I was looking to do something similar on my car and could not find anyone who sells such a thing...

Aric

here is one. we did the entire system hard line with an external water pump. didnt specifically take any pics of the system but can if you like.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Thanks Tim. I will use your pictures to give the fabricator an idea what I want to do. Very nice job by the way.

It occurs to me that it might be a benefit to others with a SLC to make up an extra set of at least the common parts of a water system when I have the car at the Fab shop. Any interest here? If so let me know and we'll talk. It might save someone from dragging a half done car over to a shop across town. What ever. If it can be done simply then I might be interested in having my guy make up a extra set when the car is in his shop

Howard, i've got several months before i start the build but i'd be interested in what it might cost. In the spec it says "Stainless steel cooling tubes". Are these in the Aluminum radiator? I figures they were to connect to the engine block. I'll get the water pump built into the LS3 crate, dunno if that changes location/dimensions. Docs car is coming soon, he may have some interest too?

Cam,
There are very nice straight stainless steel coolant tubes provided. Some of us SL-C builders are going to eliminate several hose connections by going with custom bent tubes or AN type hardware. The straight stainless steel tubes are included with the car. The idea was to accomodate different engine configurations.

Howard,

Just keep me in mind. I can't comment on the need (or not) until my car arrives. What made you and Jack decide to go with fabricated tubing versus perhaps AN hoses (LS7 crate)?

Best, Doc

Back