Smith Speedo

Well, I just unwrapped my speedo cable to test fit it on the speedometer. It slipped on nice and easy, but now I can't get it off! I tried pushing and pulling and squeesing the nylon part and nothing works. I do not want to force it. There must be some secret to removing it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DSC00804.jpg

Dan,
If I remember correctly it's kinda like a 1057 tail light bulb...You have to push in then turn counter clockwise to remove.

I hope this helps.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Dan,

This looks very similar to the speedo cable end on my Capri. If Hershal's suggestion doesn't do the trick, you may want to try this - for my cable I had to deflect the lower (closer to the speedo) ring on the plastic connector until it contacted the speedo casing while keeping the cable straight or with slight pressure on the cable itself in the opposite direction while sliding it out. By the looks of your connector I would suggest pushing the side of the lower ring with the single leg towards the speedo housing (see photo). If this doesn't work try the opposite direction. This is real bear especially when working under the dash.

Regards,

Al

Attachments

• 66801-untitled.JPG
    66801-untitled.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 222
Back