Solid clutch pedal

What commonly happens with the 01E's is the clutch slave is installed incorrectly. The piston goes to the side of the fork and then the piston hits the snap ring in the cylinder. If you press hard enough you will break the snap ring groove and the piston will eject itself from the housing. It's difficult to get the piston lined up properly. I've wrapped the slave in electrical tap several time to keep the piston compressed then install it.

Sorry it's taken so long to finally get some time in the garage to measure...

So scores on the doors are:

Adaptor Plate to fingers are 72mm (81mm to face of pressure plate and then fingers 9mm back)

Gearbox face to RB fully pressed home - 90mm
Gearbox face to RB slave fully extended - 67mm

So it looks like an adaptor is needed. Based on what Chris is saying a 12-13mm spacer?

Further the inner diameter of the RB is 34.5mm

Drive Plate shaft outside diameter is 33.8mm

I assume that I won't have to turn the drive plate down, as the piece of that the adaptor fixes to on the RB measures 38.6/62.75mm (in/out)

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Correct...
RB part# is 01E1411165D
A longer slave push rod (10mm) and a spacer under the fixed pivot of the fork might do the trick.
Otherwise a RB spacer ( I have sketch --as soon as I can figure out how to upload it)
or pm me your mobile phone # and I'll transfer it that way

Thanks Chris

I'll probably go the adaptor route, as it will most likely be an easier route than modifying the Audi slave and also the pivot area in the gearbox.

Will PM my contact details.

Brett

Hi Chris,
Transferred your sketch to computer (badly), I don't have any Cad tools. Can you take a look please :)

Brett

Attachments

• RB Extenderv1.pdf
    95.7 KB · Views: 280
Need some help from forumites (me and Chris)

Chris ordered a 01E1411165D, which he thought he had been sent and based the drawing on the one he received.

It appears it is the one that is attached, though part of the part number has been worn off. Can anyone help in trying to

a/ Identify the full number
b/ Identify the audi/VAG vehicle it came from
c/ Even better find me one!!

currently the adaptor isn't fitting either of the two TOBs that I have sitting on my desk :(

Attachments

• IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0218.JPG
    IMG_0218.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
My O1E is using AE0721237 thrust race.
I cant give you any specs on it as I dont have a spare.

If this info confuses things more then discard.

Jim

Thanks Jim :) Yes, my other TOB is 012141165E. It appears that Audi/VAG have more variations (and I thought they were meant to be the masters of commonality :rolleyes: )

If I can't source, I think I will now go down your route and stick an extender on the front.

Brett

Back