SPF GT40 Registry Eligibility

I know my car along with other SPF were listed in the SAAC Registry book about 2008. Don't know how often that gets updated. Like Rick says- do we really care? The GT40 continuation numbers seems more important.

I know my car along with other SPF were listed in the SAAC Registry book about 2008. Don't know how often that gets updated. Like Rick says- do we really care? The GT40 continuation numbers seems more important.

Ditto for my 40s. I joined SAAC back then and registered two SHELBYs and one SPF 40. The quarterly publication is a good source of information.

Ive been reading this with interest. Of course this is some time ago. What is the current state of affairs and how do I make sure my car is registered with Safir?

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Well maybe I'm a little cynical but why do SPF owner put themselves on a pedestal over other continuation/replica makes? After all 90% of SPF owner have a LHD car that bears little resemblance to an original GT40!

Flame suit on,
Julian

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
We generally are more attractive, dress better, and don't have the body odors issues that most non SPF owners suffer from. Call it lucky, call it destiny, call it life is not fair.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Well maybe I'm a little cynical but why do SPF owner put themselves on a pedestal over other continuation/replica makes? After all 90% of SPF owner have a LHD car that bears little resemblance to an original GT40!

Ignore Mikey! He lives in a place where the air is r-e-a-l-l-y 'thin' - Colorado! The mean elevation there is 6,800 feet! :D

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
We generally are more attractive, dress better, and don't have the body odors issues that most non SPF owners suffer from. Call it lucky, call it destiny, call it life is not fair.

Mike
That made me chuckle.

Sincerely yours, badly dressed, smelly and with issues

Ian

Keith

:stunned:

Careful who you upset, I was going to offer a seat in my non original car at LMC
Perhaps even hand driving seat over to a foreigner for track laps!

Ian

Nah. Steering wheels on the 'wrong' side Ian. He'll only bend it.... :laugh:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Nah. Steering wheels on the 'wrong' side Ian. He'll only bend it.... :laugh:
He's down in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks to visit Lord March
Could you vet his suitability and dress sense? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ian

Keith

Oh I'd be absolutely delighted to see if he was all tickety-boo!

Regretfully however, those sort of events (any events come to that) are completely off limits these days.. :cry:

I'll see if I can rustle up some pictorial guidance instead.

Sorry for thread (mis)appropriation SPF chaps... :)

Back