Spring Cough & Spit

The Club Spring Cough & Spit will be held again this year at The Castle, Outwood, Surrey next Sunday, 19th April, starting at 1230. You are cordially invited, when it will be an ideal opportunity either to give your car a good run to check that all is working (cough and spit, gettit?) or to come and see massed GT40s and meet other Club members.
The weather forecast is fair, with cloud in the afternoon, but no rain, so there's little risk of getting wet, but you never know with the British weather!
A final incentive - Warwick Bean, the landlord, is a keen GT40 owner and this year is offering a free lunch to the driver of every GT40 that attends!
So, we expect an even better turnout than usual. If you plan to come along, please let me know by e-mail, stating whether you plan to bring a car.
See you there.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Tony,

I'm afraid I think mine is still coughing and spitting too much right at present. We now think it needs proper tuning on a rolling road... Hope it makes it to the MOT on Sat ok though! There's a chance we'll be there in the everyday car, but not guaranteed.

John,

Good to see last year's mishap hasn't caused you to think about selling the car. Hope Matthew is ok.

Max

i won't qualify for a free dinner, but will get a free guinness if i bring kooltina? 1968 so right period! if i don't get a free drink, i'll bring her anyway.......she's my everyday drive!:thumbsup:

Thanks Max, best of luck getting the forty mot'd.
Matthew is still recovering but doing well and even talking about LMC2010 :stunned:

Couldn't bring myself to part with the car although it was touch 'n go for a while - "cold, dead fingers" and all that.

All the best and may see you on Sunday :thumbsup:

John

Max,
Hope you can get there in some shape or form - we currently have 29 people and 13 '40s promised. If you can get the car there, someone may even be able to get you driving home in comfort!

John - delighted that you are coming from Brum - just don't run out of petrol this time! Tip, there's a Shell garage just off the M40 at J4 (Marlow Road HP11 1TB) with fuel at 91.9p.

Glen - you will be very welcome in any car, but a period Cortina will have Geoff Gear in paroxysms of delight.

It seems that the final number expected tomorrow is 15 GT40s and at least 31 members.
The forecast is set fair, so there's no excuse for not bringing out some of those Hangar Queens!
If you haven't let me know but still want to turn up, please do so. We have a large enough gathering already to constitute a quorum, so additional numbers will just add to the fun.
See you all there.

some great cars, cheers to all the people i spoke to for the help given. paul, i'll pm you later:idea:
oops.....forgot to see if i could get a guinness!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Great day and loads of GT40's
My adaptation on the throttle cable worked and I got home OK but I guess a new cable is not needed!

See everyone in a couple of weeks at Stoneleigh

Ian

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Sorry i couldnt make it, the car is still in bits at the moment - well the carb etc is. Max - i dont know if you have seen my other fred, but i am having my motor sorted (hooefully) this week at a garage that can set it up on a dyno. If the do a good job then I will post their info. They are in Reading tho. Hope to see yu all soon in KRL.

Top day out - many thanks to Tony for arranging, Warwick for his most excellent hospitality and all who turned out to make a memorable day out for both Julie and I. Oh also to the man upstairs for the weather.
Chatting away all afternoon we clean forgot to take any photographs ! So if anyone can post some on here it'd be appreciated.
Great to see so many cars the 'avenue' display was lovely.
I couldn't believe that upon filling up back in Birmingham i'd done 315 miles at a shade under 22mpg :shocked: It would appear that the combination of stroking the engine to 347ci, MSD ignition and perfect front wheel allignment has all paid off :happy:
Since I came back to UK on leave from Libya a fortnight ago I've clocked up over 850miles without a hitch although the credit card's a bit dented !
All the best,
John and Julie Snook :thumbsup:
p.s. Tony, John - I only hit reverse once all day :coolgleam: (apart from parking obviously)

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
We were sadly unable to make it in the end, but sounds like it was a great event, look forward to seeing the pictures.

It went through the MOT on Saturday without any issues :) So roll on Stoneleigh. Mind you, there's a club meeting on Tuesday and the weather's looking good...

Richard, cheers for the heads up about the garage, let me know the results. My firend who now does the mechanics for me said he knows of another place but I can't recall where it was, I might take it there if it is closer.

John, good to hear that he's changed his mind from the immediate post event attitude of not wanting to go in it again. Would be good to see you both @ LMC2010.

And Johns car had also the sweetest sounding exhaust note of all the cars present, the car I drove certainly followed the theme of the day - cough and spit, but it was on a full set of IDAs.

"why did you take a pic of a renault?" she asked!
100_1212.jpg

Nice picture - keep 'em coming.

Max - pleased to hear yours passed it's MOT - mine passed yesterday too :thumbsup: - Matthew said he wants a ride out in the car this weekend :shocked::speechless:

Please keep me posted of any August club meets as that's when i'm back in UK next.

John

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Good news John - the MOT and Matthew (I presume Julie has ok'd it too?)

Mine also made it to the club meeting yesterday, along with 4 others. Hooray, '40 season is definitely upon us again.

Yes, more pictures please.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
To let people know - the big push!

It's my car and the accelerator cable parted company when I was about to reverse into the parking Talk about oppertune moments and all that!

Got a push back and let it cool before doing a bodge to get me home.

No major probem that a new cable will not fix!

Ian

Back