• DSC_3413.jpg
    DSC_3413.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC_3477.jpg
    DSC_3477.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Great pictures and reports guys..

It was great to see some new faces and some old ones too...

The GTM guys are a great bunch and I had a good time chatting with them and checking out the GTM-R...lots of nicely thought out details....I was bummed to see them go out so early.

As negative as the SL-C's results may seem at first glance, the experience and information learned is of great value.

The chassis and suspension set up we had worked extremely well for both drivers

Rick "Ironman" McCormick Ric McCormick's racing website.

Troy Castaneda Troy Castaneda - Schedule

They both really enjoyed the car and the technical feedback is very valuable.

The only real issue on the car was the electronics package....

Dave Capurro from C and C Automotive in Reno is the crew chief and he had to endure numerous issues during the programming of the car.

The Bosch MS4 sport ECU and the MSA2 (interface box) were both of the latest variants and both had incorrect firmwear installed ...unbeknownst to Dave or anyone else in the USA. for that matter......

The Shiftec gear shift system was also plagued with issues from the vendor ...again the lastest spec unit currently being retrofitted by many ALMS teams as flatshift technology is legal for 2011 in ALMS...most of those were worked through prior to the race with the exception of the blip downshift algorithm...this is a really cool feature when fully sorted...

So the technology integration was the biggest issue period...once the nose and wiring harness had been unceremoniously ripped off by the tow truck, after an innocent spin on slicks in the wet , it was a tough go to get her back on track and functioning...we lost our main lights and had to run on the "Baja bar" only.

The car did get up and running again a couple of times during the night portion of the race, ...during one 45 minute stint it was the second quickest car on track, ...despite running on wets with a drying race line...so the potential is there for the SL-C to be a stonking race car

All other areas of the car worked great.., fuel economy was right where we expected and handling was spot on, aero balance was right on the money...even in the changing conditions....next year will be a very different story.

I think I may have convinced the car owner/driver to run the 13 hour at VIR as a warm up....so the East coast guys can come see it run too....better fit a bigger engine Ron...wink.

Everyone involved in this programme worked extremely hard and now deserves a rest.

Unfortunately we did not get the kind of final result we were hoping for but thats life...see you next year at the 25 hours of Thunderhill....

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that Ric McCormick is also available as a driver/mentor and coach....he is one of the nicest ,personable professional drivers I have ever met.....highly recommended for anyone seriously looking to up their ante as a driver.......

Sooooooooooo I suppose next time you should bring a dinosaur car .... feed it fuel with a

19327285-113-1050-Quick-Fuel-Dominator.jpg

And wire it up with a....complex....carb'd harness
HEDS-8902.JPG

No potential for magic efi-voodoo firmware issues then .....c'monnnnn, you know you want to join me & Howard in the stone age :grinf:

It was great to meet the RCR crew this weekend at Thunderhill. We fielded our FFR Type-65 Coupe just one spot down from RCR at the 25 Hours of Thunderhill last weekend, and I was impressed with not only the design and performance of the car, but the tenacity of the team to keep at it, even when Lady Luck may not have been on their side. Your car was wicked fast on track, and is certainly beautiful in its styling.

This was my fourth year fielding a car and driving in the 25 Hours, and this year's 25 was by far the most challenging race to date...I drove a 2 1/2 hour stint on Saturday night in the driving rain that was an extreme exercise of the art of driving in the rain. More than 70 cars started that race, and there was hardly a lap for nearly 12 of those hours that didn't have caution lights, cars off course, rollovers and safety vehicles performing hot tows along the track....To say the race was run under difficult conditions would be an understatement.

You have a great car and a great team...We were honored to share the 25 Hours experience with you!! We know you'll be back in style!!!!

Karen
#28 FFR Type-65R Coupe
2009 & 2010 NASA West Coast Champion

I have some nice 1/8th billet ones....

My involvement with the car did not run to the integration of the systems...only their fabrication and installation.

You would have to chat with the crew chief and see if he would buy you an SL-C for you helping him.

The engine is heading back to Elan/Panoz to be checked as it appears to be a little soft on cyl. #6. whilst there I expect a couple of software tweeks when on the dyno will be added.

You just need to buy your own SL-C and show us all how its done then.....:thumbsup:

Karen,
congratulations on a great result....I know that I really enjoyed seeing the Daytona run so well....great sound too.

We will certainly be back next year ...hopefully with more than one car if all goes to plan....but this years car will certainly return for sure.

Thanks for the kind words Fran...With additional time for development in 2011, the SL-C is poised to be a serious contender in next year's event....Let us know if we can be of any help. See you next year!

Karen

Sooooooooooo I suppose next time you should bring a dinosaur car .... feed it fuel with a

[snip]

No potential for magic efi-voodoo firmware issues then .....c'monnnnn, you know you want to join me & Howard in the stone age :grinf:

Where do you plug in the taillights?

Nah. That just means I'm not convinced that ISIS is the "be-all-end-all" of automotive wiring.

I'm not far behind you.

Seems clean and simple, and the ISIS guys are so helpful. They helped me put together a schematic for planning purposes and I haven't even bought the product yet.

Ron Earp

Admin
Sorry about drifting this thread off the Thunderhill topic.Maybe best to return to that and ISIS discussion can happen on another thread.

Back