Superlite GTA

You will need the trim off the entire front rail assembly (LH and RH) from the Eclipse that you chose to use. The open ends of the rails will be ground flat and plated over. The rear rails will also be plated over for appearance as well as strength. After trimming away the front rails position and center the front frame section within the body using the two studs that held the original cradle in position. The two outer bolts will be used to finish the lower portion of the install of the cradle to the body. The entire car will be built and then disassembled to clean up any welds or rough edges.
There is a gap between the shock towers and the upper frame mounts. We milled .75" thick aluminum spacers to fill this gap. Grade 8 fasteners are used on all frame and suspension mounting points. apex-front rail removed.jpg

apex-front subframe in place.JPG

apex-lh shock tower.JPG

APEX top frt mount.jpg

apex-lower front mount.jpg

Good Stuff...glad to see your progress. Wouldn't be a bad idea if you had your own thread. Will be much easier to go back and find all the great info without wading through 2000 other posts. Can't wait to see more!!!

Assuming you are not somehow connected with "Martin" @ Tick Performance (since you are "R"), and you just happen to be down the street from one another in Mount Airy. Small world.

I just happen to be using one of his cams for my build -SH2.

Last edited:
Well, as i've been following this thread for a good while and Iam far from disappointed with the way this turned out. I've done an awd conversion on this chasis previously and utilized the same techniuqe in attaching the rear subframe as are shown in these pics.

This looks like a solid build and believe well worth the conversion to a gta. I can't wait to see more and gota give a tripple :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to the RCR crew!!!
Well Done

Different Martin I am with Martin Motorsports. I do know Martin over at Tick Performance though. Great guys. We are about a mile apart. If you are into LS engines with multiple turbos they are the 'go to' guys!
More updates will post in a couple of days showing rear frame install and cutting of the roof section. Welding in of the frame end caps will follow. Stay tuned.

Hoping someone can respond with the suspension setup on the Apex. I'm painting mine this weekend. From looking at the apex frame - the front looks to use the stock shock connecting point on lower control arm. On the rear it does not appear to use the stock location rather maybe the leaf spring bolt location (similar to GTM setup). If true I will paint the original bushing location/hole for the rear shock (and sell the new pfadt bushing I have). Also front and rear sway bars and pickups on lower control arms are not used correct?

Maybe a pic!!

OK guys here are some pictures of the preproduction body panels...the wheels are only for mock up but they are 18 front and 19 rear...

Fran do you mind sharing some of the pics of how you attached the front clip to chassis/subframe since I'm assuming this part was unchanged from the original design on your car vs v8 cars (please PM me or post them). I was looking at the work Glen has done adding aluminum panel to his subframe which looks great and also some pics of the front fiberglass piece itself vs the subframe and I was wondering how the two mated other then in the very front. Thanks this will help me plan a little better.

Back