Superlite GTA

New from the site:

7.jpg

3.jpg

29.jpg

Now that is proper fitment! I hope the real life wheels have the correct offset like in these pictures. Love the wheel design, nice and clean. This car just get's better and better.

Can someone photoshop those 3 pictures in white?

Now that is proper fitment! I hope the real life wheels have the correct offset like in these pictures. Love the wheel design, nice and clean. This car just get's better and better.

Can someone photoshop those 3 pictures in white?

Best I can do right now.
219.jpg

Photobucket is being difficult right now. Hopefully it will come back up.

Mr. Wolfe

I think the wheels are just place holders for the sketch. It wouldn't be stretching it to assume Forgestar wheels would be the wheels that come with it. I do agree though, those wheels are awesome, center lock and all.

Hey guys...you can have anything you want...its only time and money.

Centerlocks are available for all our cars...but they are not cheap....and the wheels in the renderings are not real wheels...they would be 22/23 inch in diameter to give that kind of look...you could even get some with spinning hubcaps if you want...

I am finally catching up on the rest of this thread :).

Does not matter it its AWD or FWD as the AWD trans is easily modified.

It is true that it is easy to modify an AWD transmission to function as a FWD transmission, but you need to settle on which axles you will use.

90-99 AWD transmissions use the same size spline front axles and use an intermediate shaft on the driver’s side to give you “equal length axles”.

90-92 FWD transmissions use the same size splines as the 90-99 AWD transmission, but there is no intermediate shaft, so driver’s side axle is almost two times longer than the passenger’s side axle.

93-99 FWD transmissions also have longer driver’s axles and use larger (stronger) splines inside the front differential, so other axles do not fit this transmission.

Since you are targeting ether GST or GSX as your donor car, you might have to offer two different axle options. Or… just stick with one option and make people buy an appropriate transmission. They are pretty cheap, so it isn’t a big deal ether way.

If I had to pick one transmission for this project, I would select a FWD because they are cheaper, lighter (~25-30lbs), less desirable (by DSMers) and have stronger axles.

What engine/transmission mouning scheme are you looking to accommodate?

90-94 (1G, 3 motor mounts and 1 tranny mount)

or

95-99 (2G, 1 motor mount and 3 tranny mounts).

Thank you,

Centerlocks are available for all our cars...but they are not cheap....and the wheels in the renderings are not real wheels...they would be 22/23 inch in diameter to give that kind of look...you could even get some with spinning hubcaps if you want...

rockonsmile

Mr. Wolfe

I didn't say anything about size, I was talking only about the offset. The offset in those pictures are correct, nice and flush. For this car I think 18" would look the best or maybe 18/19. I had 19" on a 996 and it was too big, if I kept the car I would have went with 18's with the same offset and it would have been way better looking.

I got the wagon wheel look as you can see. I was pretty much as low as I could go but because they were 19" the car wasn't really that low to the road.

p1.jpg

^^^ Nice car. I don't think you had the "wagon-wheel" look, but I most certainly wouldn't go any larger. 18's would have been perfect, but the 19's don't look bad.

Now the new 991 Cayman is getting a little ridiculous with the 20's.
23007d1330782272-bored-my-cayman-991.jpg

Mr. Wolfe

Not to go too off topic but, I'm not sure of they were 20's but certainly these were and they were the best looking for that shape XK:

xk8_detroit2.gif

This was my XJR, maybe not to everyone's taste but I *loved* it:

185233_10150746374555587_451885_n.jpg

Back