Superlite Roadster....

I'd have to agree that the 1.8T or 2.0T FSI!!! (easy 380hp) would be the best bet. The low end torque of the VR6 would be great though, and it sounds pretty sweet too.

So many options, we need to organize a event some time with a bunch of SL cars on the track, all the different engine configurations running against each other would be very intresting. We could have our own SL-Prototype Racing Series with P1, P2, GT....

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
So many options, we need to organize a event some time with a bunch of SL cars on the track, all the different engine configurations running against each other would be very intresting. We could have our own SL-Prototype Racing Series with P1, P2, GT....

I definitely agree with this statement!!! I was talking to Ron about a racing series involving replica race cars such as the ones involved on this board (GT40, P4, 917, T70, exc.) but he thought the involvement would be very low. Lots of people put LOTS of money in these cars and to race them against each other competitively risking destruction kind of limits involvement. Personally, I'd HAVE to race a car I built that was in all essence a Race Car! I believe an ultra light series is a Must! I'd bet we could get manufacturer involvement from the builders for a series like this and sort out specifications for certain classes.

This is something we need to discuss in the Race Track forum. LOL PM me though!! I had rules and regulations written out for a racing class I was getting Jim Hall involved with a few years ago.

Laters,

Brian

Hmmm, VW 2.0 FSI turbo. 147 kws 280nms and dgs gearbox. I've driven a GTi with this combo, pretty good in a car that weighs approx. 1400kg/3100lbs. Awesome gearbox!
The mk5 golfs/rabbits(as sold in the US) use multiplexing (can-bus) wiring. You'd need to look carefully about transplanting the loom. Probably would need to use steering column, BMC, maybe even the original gauges to make it all work. Wouldn't be all bad though with steering mounted paddles etc etc. Alot of fun but probably alot of work too

I got some progress pictures from Fran yesterday. It appears that my frame has been powdercoated and the body panels (at least the nose cone and side pods) have been finalized for the F1 style body. My guess is that the fenders are also finalized. I told Fran I would not post pics of the car in progress unless he gives me the okay, so I will hold off posting them unless he says go ahead...
It is really his baby to show off.
:lipsrsealed:
BT

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Fran

Any updates on the ElectroLite? Do you have a package that you now offer? Your comments earlier in this thread seemed to indicate that the package sans batteries is around $35k. Just want to know what other bits are needed that you haven't listed to make this thing run? I have priced motor, trans, controller, charger, batteries, your labour (my assumption on 50hrs @ $65/hr for all the electrical work) and added that to the base price but come up lite.... What am I missing? I haven't added anything for the loom.... Is there structural mods for the packaging?

Cheers

Bill

Back