Sydney Visist 22 October

Re: Leaving for OZ next week - still OK for beers?

Yep, I'm still ok for those dates. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif My GT40 won't be back together by then, but lets hope it's back from the paint shop.

Pete won't need much of an excuse to show off his baby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Let us know what your plans are, as I expect you will want to get some sightseeing in as well or since you are in home of Aus theme parks you might want to do a quick theme park visit while up here(Seaworld, Dreamworld, Movieworld). Not much time though.

We can do a tour of GT40 Australia(GT40's & Cobra's) and check out Harrison(Cobra's & Daytona's) if you like. There is also a bargain factory outlet shopping centre down here as well, might be something we can interest your wife in, or maybe she would prefer to see the GT40's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Could get GT40 guys together for dinner or something as well.

Let us know what you want to do and what time you have available.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter

Brett, it looks like you are fully organised on a tight schedule for Brisbane, but you have a whole week in Sydney. As Tim suggests, we should be able to rustle up quite a few starters as another "Sydney Drive Day" is well overdue - the weekend of 22/23 Oct should ensure a good rollup.

Let us know which day would be best & where you will be staying in Sydney. I'll contact the team & we'll have some fun.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Pete,
I'll check with the wife, as it'll give her an opportunity to see hersister who lives in Sydney.

I can tell you where I am staying now. I'll be in the Hilton, right in the centre. After all that time travelling iin my previous job, something good is comign out of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll PM you and Tim et al my mobile and home mail tomorrow/Tuesday. Only 5 days till I fly, I am really looking forward to it!

Brett

[ QUOTE ]
another "Sydney Drive Day" is well overdue - the weekend of 22/23 Oct should ensure a good rollup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete, Tim et al
I've spoken to the boss and she has stamped the visa to be allowed out on Sunday 23rd. Is this OK for you guys?

Brett

I too shall check with the Minister. But i expect to be there in the Clubman, if it is still in one piece that is. Next weekend is the final round of the NSW stat supersprint champs, which i am leading outright. Need a good result to clinch it ..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Go Tim Go!!
I'll be wishin' ya luck mate and tippin' a pot for ya'

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter

Brett - great news on the visa !

I'll start the wheels turning with the crew here in Sydney & keep you posted.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Brett, what day are you in Queensland and are you staying
at Surfers or Brisbane?

Pete,
I am in Brisbane Friday 28th. Sorry its an awkward day, but it was the only time I could get up there to see you guys. I'll be staying in the Conrad in Brisbane.

Brett

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Friday is a traditional day for lunch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm hearing you Pete /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif; just hit Singapore, just another 9 hours...

Brett

Brett,

Just curious...how many hours flying time from the UK to Oz?

Jet lag + mass quantities of beer?

That's gonna leave a mark! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bill

Bill,
Total flight time was just under 20 hours. However, met the sister-in-law and went straight out doen Circular Key for 5 hours of drinking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

However, bad news. My mobile has gone walkabout /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I'll PM people with my wife's mobile.

Brett

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter

Brett, we have a Drive Day set up for Sunday 23-10-05 - there should be around 7 GT40's, a clubman rocketship & maybe an Ultima - all up, about 18 people

If you are still ok to go, I'll pick you up from the Hilton at 10am where will collect a few cars from the south of Sydney, then meet up with a few more cars a bit further north & all drive some 30kms out to Steve Shedden's place at Glenorie for a BBQ lunch.

You also have PM

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Looking forward to the GT40 gathering on sunday. A few running repairs on the clubman this week, after a headlingt bracket came off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif during the race meeting last weekend.
Funnily enough, we have had rain all this week as Sydney is in the biggest drought we've seen in a long time. Should make our English friend fell well at home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Expecting about 7 or 8 GT40's to meet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter & Tim,
Let me say BIG thankyou for organising the day and everyones' hospitality. It was great to see all the cars, especially the first RF registered. I will send you my photos once I get back to the UK. Once again many thanks, and if you are ever in the UK, I will attempt to arrange something similar; however, I don't think the weather will quite be the same /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brett

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter

A great day was had for the Sydney Drive #2 - 7 x GT40's :

From left in pic :

Haydon M - RF Yellow
Steve S - DRB Red
Chris C - RF Yellow
Peter D - DRB Blue
Terry D - RF Black
Steve T - RF Blue
Kim H - RF Yellow

Nice drive, brilliant weather & great hospitality at Steve S's "ranch". We also had Tim M in his fearsome Hyabusa powered clubman & Steve K in a brutal Chev powered Ultima - what a collection !

I'll post a few more pics as I get them (dummy here forgot to take his bloody camera) !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Attachments

• 67825-sline(Large).jpg
    67825-sline(Large).jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 172
Back