Team 40 to NZ

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Well the car arrived back in Melbourne last week but the nice quarantine people said I had more than 6 tyres in the container and it must be fumigated, that will be $319 please and you must pay before you can take your goods. So today 4 days later I picked it up from the trucking depot in Williamstown. There was a lot of interest from the Depot staff and Jack (my 78 year old right hand man) had them in fits of laughter, describing how I ran out of fuel on the Tollway this morning on the way. Silly sheep f---er he calls me. Which is his Aussie way of describing my NZ Heritage. In Jack's eyes (of course) He's the boss and I am an Idiot who knows nothing. I did do a silly thing when we arrived back at the factory. I reversed and turned a little too sharply and broke the LH tail light on the ute. Another phone call from the shipping company this afternoon reminding me of further Quarantine invoice to pay. Hopefully that is the end of the on costs.
All I have to do now is get the DVD together for my sponsors. Looks like race meeting coming up at Phillip Island in April. I'll have to get an entry in soon.:thumbsup:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Ross -

I received the DVD and other items a couple of days ago and just had a chance to watch it. Great job! I felt like I was there with you in the car. Very professionally done. It appears you had a great time with the car. Thanks for putting together the DVD and sharing your experience with us!

Regards,
Dave L

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ross,

My copy arrived the day after you rang. I only managed to watch it last night. I echo Dave's sentiments, very well done. Excellent choice of music too, but then I would expect nothing else......

Look forward to seeing you and Andrew next week.

Cheers,

Russ

Back