Thank god for Bob..

Hi,

Could I suggest as a parting shot, (we can but hope) that all parties go and watch the film "It's a Wonderful Life".

Remember after watching it we need to be more like George Bailey and less like Mr Potter.

"No Man is a Failure who has Friends"

It's A Wonderful Life - The Ending - YouTube

Bob, with the greatest respect (get out clause number 1) and I'll accept I am biased very very slightly one way, if you continually poke a bear, buffalo Liberal et al, with a big stick don't be surprised if it turns on you.

Nick

P.S. Bear baiting has been outlawed for a number of years in the UK

Last edited:
Hi,

P.S. Bear baiting has been outlawed for a number of years in the UK

Nick, with the highest of mutual respect, I live in a mountainous area. There is no hunting of any kind allowed. It has gotten to the point now that there are numerous bear and cougar sightings amongst the homes and even around an elementary school. We've never had this kind of activity, but since they are allowed to multiply unchecked, they have become a danger to humans and themselves.

At what point do we challenge their presence?

Nick, with the highest of mutual respect, I live in a mountainous area. There is no hunting of any kind allowed. It has gotten to the point now that there are numerous bear and cougar sightings amongst the homes and even around an elementary school. We've never had this kind of activity, but since they are allowed to multiply unchecked, they have become a danger to humans and themselves.

At what point do we challenge their presence?

At the point you prove you were there before them, and didn't just bully them off their land by fair means or foul, claiming it for your own? figuratively speaking.

Have you watched that film yet!

Last edited:
At the point you prove you were there before them, and didn't just bully them off their land by fair means or foul, claiming it for your own? figuratively speaking.

I've lived here 54 years, and back then we had no idea there were such animals here. They come down for the easy food, Nick.

Figuratively speaking, be grateful the Picts have vanished! ;~)

I've lived here 54 years, and back then we had no idea there were such animals here. They come down for the easy food, Nick.

Figuratively speaking, be grateful the Picts have vanished! ;~)

Ah ha so you were quite old when you moved in with the other vandals.

To be fair, we killed off the wolves and bears in the UK centuries ago. You guys should learn from that. Let the Cougars and wolves and bears roam free and maybe you won't all be killed by the rampaging Moose that have thrived since you decimated the natural predators......

To be fair, we killed off the wolves and bears in the UK centuries ago. You guys should learn from that. Let the Cougars and wolves and bears roam free and maybe you won't all be killed by the rampaging Moose that have thrived since you decimated the natural predators......

well, we do have deer rampaging through our gardens, eating our roses. They market a lion urine scent to scare them off. Maybe that explains the cougars.

:thumbsup:

So using Nicks logic I quess we are suppose to rip up the freeways, water systems and other invasions from civilization and go back to fighting the Mastadons.

So using Nicks logic I quess we are suppose to rip up the freeways, water systems and other invasions from civilization and go back to fighting the Mastadons.

Seems we're getting there, except we'll have to turn everything over to the Mastadons and eat only the fruit and seeds that have already fallen off the tree and bushes!

Back