The Shirley Sharrod Affair

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
So Al,

You have read these most recent posts, you know, the one were you asked me several times to coment on a hypothetical situation, if your racist leader of the modern tea part had said "slave in stead of n*****". whay would I say. I told you:

Al, I would have thought is was like a lot of signs seen at this sort of event, way over the top but lets everyone know were the sign holder stands. But also insulting to most.

I't appears that he is equating paying taxes to being a slave. You may not know this but slaves do not get to choose their slave owners.

I'm sure this clown has no idea what a slaves life is really like or he would not be so flipant, I pay taxes, a lot of taxes and I have a wonderful life, its hard to imagine a life further from being a slave.

We pay a fairly small part of our income and with that get a large group of benifits.

At no additional charge we get: schooling, police, fire protection, military protection, paved roads, air traffic control, food and medicine that does not kill us, social security, meda care, Coast Guard, homeland security.................on and on!

Once again, I'm sure that you and he think this is an incredable revalation, but its usless, missleading drival. When you add N***** to the sign you get what you so rightly called a "butthead/abnormal person" it really is a hate filled racist person who wants everyone to know!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Al, after reading this and the other recent posts, you do not comment, nooooo

instead you go back several days, take a portion of a Newsweek articlel out of context and then say you are quoting me!!!!

If you want to say this is a portion of an article that was attached to a picture I posted, thats fine

But do not lie to these fine people! If you want to quote me or anyone else you must use their words.

Al, I guarantee you I have never written those words. you did not get that quote from me.

I have gone back over the earlier posts and those words were written by Newsweek and attached to a photo I used to answer your question about "proof" that the tea party is racist.

Al if you are going to quote me please use my words.

Originally Posted by Jim Craik
Newsweek:
Until now, that is. A new survey by the University of Washington Institute for the Study of Ethnicity, Race & Sexuality offers fresh insight into the racial attitudes of Tea Party sympathizers. "The data suggests that people who are Tea Party supporters have a higher probability"—25 percent, to be exact—"of being racially resentful than those who are not Tea Party supporters," says Christopher Parker, who directed the study. "The Tea Party is not just about politics and size of government. The data suggests it may also be about race."

The Tea Party movement has shown its ugly colors yesterday as members of its movement hurled racial epithets at several black congressman during their so-called health care protest yesterday in Washington D.C. And, as the House votes on Healthcare Reform today the Tea Party's message has been twarted by racism.

Al there are literally hundreds of similar articles

I was quoting this article that you quoted.

Al, I would have thought is was like a lot of signs seen at this sort of event, way over the top but lets everyone know were the sign holder stands. But also insulting to most.

I't appears that he is equating paying taxes to being a slave. You may not know this but slaves do not get to choose their slave owners.

So, if he equates paying taxes to being a slave to the government, is that a racist concept?

No, the word does not make him a racist.

Al,

In the UK thank God it does, taken from Wikepidia "As recently as the 1950s, it was acceptable British usage to say niggers when referring to black people; however, by the 1970s the term was generally recognized as racist, offensive and potentially illegal. In British English, nigger is now a derogatory and racist word."

I know nothing of Dale Robertson, or the Tea Party movement but if that sign is for real then in my opinion, and I suspect the opinion of UK law, displaying it would constitute a racist act.

Surely, anyone with the slightest intellect, integrity or infinitesimal knowledge of world affairs, knows the connotation of the word.

Last edited:
Al,

In the UK thank God it does, taken from Wikepidia "As recently as the 1950s, it was acceptable British usage to say niggers when referring to black people; however, by the 1970s the term was generally recognized as racist, offensive and potentially illegal. In British English, nigger is now a derogatory and racist word."

I know nothing of Dale Robertson, or the Tea Party movement but if that sign is for real then in my opinion, and I suspect the opinion of UK law, displaying it would constitute a racist act.

Surely, anyone with the slightest intellect, integrity or infinitesimal knowledge of world affairs, knows the connotation of the word.

Nick, I realize that is an offensive and distasteful word. I don't think it was a racial slur as it was written. I imagine if he could take it back he would. I don't know him and this photo is the first time I've seen him. I think the left would like to put as much racial predjudice as possible on the tea party. I am not a tea party member. I just don't like propaganda.

I imagine if he could take it back he would.

Al,

We all make mistakes, however this was an extreme one. If he was sincerely remorseful, he should make his response unequivocally apparent.

This response to me contradicts the above :-

"We first noted that Robertson was quoted by the conservative Washington Times saying that he had never seen racial slurs at a Tea Party event, even though he had been photographed holding one. Robertson then contacted me to allege that the photo must have been faked"

Last edited:
Al,

That word has different connotations, especially considering he was applying it to tax payers, rather than a race of people.

And as it isn't even a word. niggar- no dictionary results

Al,

I did a search before I posted, top search on Google, from the urban dictonary, Niggar "Way of getting around using the word "nigger" on chatrooms with censorship."

I think we all know what it means. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Last edited:
Nick, How do these words affect you? They are used every day in rap noise, I've been called this in passing by young blacks, and I'm neither poor or southern. Does it bother you? When blacks call blacks "nigger", is it a different word? Should we be outraged? WTF? Funny, I've never called anyone, honky, cracker or nigger.
honky
  hong-kee,
–noun, Slang: Disparaging and Offensive .
a white person.

Cracker
[krak-er]
–noun
Slang: Disparaging and Offensive . a poor white person living in some rural parts of the southeastern U.S.

Last edited:
Nick, How do these words affect you? They are used every day in rap noise, I've been called this in passing by young blacks, and I'm neither poor or southern. Does it bother you? When blacks call blacks "nigger", is it a different word? Should we be outraged? WTF? Funny, I've never called anyone, honky, cracker or nigger.
honky
  hong-kee,
–noun, Slang: Disparaging and Offensive .
a white person.

Cracker
[krak-er]
–noun
Slang: Disparaging and Offensive . a poor white person living in some rural parts of the southeastern U.S.

Al,

Yes these words do affect me and you by all accounts "Nick, I realize that is an offensive and distasteful word".

Last edited:
Chris,

I do not know if you have studied psychology but these signs tell a fair amont about mind set of these guys.

Here's this guy , and he's making a sign to take to the big rally, A very nicely done sign I must say. He picks four words for his sign. Out of all the words in the world, he picks the words in no particular order:
White
Slavery
Plan
Obama

Gee I wonder were his thoughts are?

Chris,

In the next photo, here's a guy making a sign, he manages to get the words slave owners in one space, then he adds something to the bottom, we cant tell what it was but if you look closely you can see he has covered over something with white paper. He either spelled somthing wrong (although I'm sure he spells better than I) or felt it just needed more punch so he added the word N*****.

I wonder where his thoughts are!

Dale Robertson, a Tea Party activist who operates TeaParty.org, is getting stung for an old photo — taken at the Feb. 27, 2009 Tea Party in Houston — in which he holds a sign reading “Congress = Slaveowner, Taxpayer = Niggar.”
After the ResistNet listerv promoted “Liberty Concerts” to be held by TeaParty.org, a source passed on this photo of Robertson, after the jump.

<table class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" width="580"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
wol_error.gif
</td><td class="td2" unselectable="on">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1200x1800 and weights 470KB.</td></tr></tbody></table>
teapartypic.jpg
I was already aware that you can change the meaning of something by changing the order of the words but I don't know why you think that that's relevant to anything.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

I do not think those four words can be put in any order that does not appear racist.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
ot
So, if he equates paying taxes to being a slave to the government, is that a racist concept?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Posted by Al.

Al, why do you continue to misslead everone?

(It appears Al has gone to the selfish consirvative school, you know, say anything, miss quote anyone, ruin anyones life.... for short term political gain).

Can you all see what Al did here. He asked me (several times) to play a little game, he said what if instead of using the word n******, he had used the word slave? So we played Als little game.

Then he takes my comments using Als hypothetical situation to make a point about a sign that said somthing intierly different.

One more time, he did not equate paying taxes to being a slave, he equated paying taxed to being a n***** and anyone Knows "THAT IS RACIST".

Am I the only one who feels this type of debate tactic is well outside the bounds that we should stand for?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
If you spell "dog" backwards you get "god". Hmmmm, makes ya think huh?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Posted by Chris.

Chris, What does it make you think about?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
The Tea Party movement has shown its ugly colors yesterday as members of its movement hurled racial epithets at several black congressman during their so-called health care protest yesterday in Washington D.C. And, as the House votes on Healthcare Reform today the Tea Party's message has been twarted by racism.
A quote fron Newsweek, attached to a photo posted by Jim Craik

Jim, There are video tapes of the congressmen walking past the tea party members taken from several different angles. At no time did anyone say anything bad or racial to the congressmen. It's a fabrication!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
posted by Al

If the persons making these acusations were not truthful, by all means they should be called out and condemed!

I will see what info I can find abouth this incident.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), a leading voice in the tea party movement, said Sunday that protesters’ recent use of racial and homophobic slurs toward Members of Congress was no big deal.
taken from Roll Call News

No big deal? That seems like an odd thing for a "leading voice" to say.

I'll see what other info I can find in this unfortunate incedent.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Rep. Devin Nunes makes a very important point
Political Byline — ... tactics, people, you know, begin to act crazy,” Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) said Sunday on C-SPAN. “I think that people have every right to say what they want. If they want to smear someone, they can do it.” Nunes added that the slurs were “not appropriate” but that he would “stop short of characterizing the 20,000 people protesting, that all of them were doing that via King Downplays Protesters’ Racial Slurs Against Congressmen – Roll Call. ...

I'll see what other info I can find about this unfortunate incedent.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Tea party protesters scream 'nigger' at black congressman

<!-- story_videobox.comp --><OBJECT class=inlineimg id=player_swf title="Big Grin" codeBase=http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab height=380 alt="" width=495 data=data:application/x-oleobject;base64,IGkzJfkDzxGP0ACqAGhvEzwhRE9DVFlQRSBIVE1MIFBVQkxJQyAiLS8vVzNDLy9EVEQgSFRNTCA0LjAgVHJhbnNpdGlvbmFsLy9FTiI+DQo8SFRNTD48SEVBRD4NCjxNRVRBIGh0dHAtZXF1aXY9Q29udGVudC1UeXBlIGNvbnRlbnQ9InRleHQvaHRtbDsgY2hhcnNldD13aW5kb3dzLTEyNTIiPjwvSEVBRD4NCjxCT0RZPg0KPFA+Jm5ic3A7PC9QPjwvQk9EWT48L0hUTUw+DQo= border=0 classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000>
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
<embed name="player_swf" src="http://cdn-akm.vmixcore.com/core-flash/UnifiedVideoPlayer/UnifiedVideoPlayer.swf?player_id=75a7753b5f23df9c00514cdb0daa934f" width="495" height="380" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="player_id=75a7753b5f23df9c00514cdb0daa934f&services_url=http://cdn-akm.vmixcore.com/core-flash/UnifiedVideoPlayer/services.xml&env=&token=331400797b4dadaeb089fd054d436323" swliveconnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></OBJECT>

Its kind of hard to hear with all the yelling but towards the end there may be.....................

I'll see what other info I can find about this unfortunate incedent.

Last edited:
Back