The simplest combination

I am just courious to know if, as Renault and Audi transmissions are commonly used, would not be a good idea to use the same engines that originally match those gearboxes. (eg, the renault 21 turbo engine with the Renault trans.)

Of course you won´t get any of the performance you may have with ford V8, and also you won´t be historically accurate, but from the mechanical point of view, could someone tell me if this will work? (you know...apples with apples, oranges with oranges)
smile.gif

Thanks,

Javier

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Javier Jose ]

[ July 16, 2002: Message edited by: Javier Jose ]

G

Javier, yes you could probably do this. What you would need to determine is the dimensions of the "package" and see if it would fit in the kit you pick. The first big thing would be the distance from the swing arms (half shafts) to the front of the engine to make sure it would go between the firewall and the rear wheel arches. Next would probably be the distance from the centerline of the engine crank/trans input shaft to the bottom of the engine to make sure it didn't hang out too low. Then the width and height would be about equal in importance to check for fit. Undoubtedly, the resultant car would accelerate faster than the its donor and might pick up a little on top end.

I am about to change my flight plans to come to Santiago on Thursday 8/1. We still don't know which hotel we will be staying at though. I will let you know when all of the Santiago plans are finallized.

Lynn this is of the subject, but you mentioned going to Santiago and picking a hotel. When I was still working I went to Santiago a couple of times a year. I eventually got tired of the Big fancy and expensive hotels. Found a smaller modern hotel with all the services and an english speaking staff in the Providencia area called "The Director Apart hotel.

Back