The us election 2012 - obama or romney?

Who cares really. I guess you are merely worrying about which captain is standing on which side of the bridge as the ship heads for the rocks. Same shit over here. Same shit everywhere.
Too many problems - too few solutions. I suppose we should be grateful to have lived at this time before the dwindling resources are all consumed by the excessive population. Which reminds me - I must get the car out and do my bit and contribute by burning up some serious energy and pumping some C02 into the darkening sky.
Cheers
Mike

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

One up for us grumpy middle aged Englishmen :laugh:

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Actually he's a 'exican. Born in Mexico. Oh wait, was tht his dad?

DId a good job last night though. It was a good debate in that sense. Levelled the playing field and was actually focused on issues. I thought both men did a good job, Romney did better.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What I mean, from the outside looking in, is that no-one should be voting on such a vague thing as hope, or a politician that promises change. Change in itself not automatically a good thing, just spin.

I would venture that the average voter there is no better informed than the average voter here. Unfortunalty spin and bullshit is the flavour of the day. No issues are really reported transparently. So voters have to go for promises and who wears the nicest tie.

Take last nights debate. One guys repeats the other will cut tax by 5 Trillion, the other says he won't. bac and forth, back and forth. Who is right? If one is and the other knows it, then one MUST be a liar, deliberately trying to mislead voters.

So we go round again and ultimately vote on superficial factors.

It seems that is universal these days, since the coming of the spin doctors a good look and presence on TV is more important than policy .

Yep Pete. I think this is why I sound like an old fart all the time. It all the fookin media that is ruining everything. (Watch out Mr. Craik will be calling names any second, defending the rights of media etc etc).

Everything I love about the USA, is over-turned by all the bloody razzamataz. Unfortuanely, I suppose because it makes money and makes folk 'famous' and for no other reason whatsoever, the media is collectively and single-handedly, ruining the whole planet.

Like we mentioned recently in here somewhere, bring back the boring politicians with their pipes and tweed jackets. Real men and women who can think for themselves and would be insulted if anyone dared to suggest that they needed a speech to be written for them!

Bloody fakes these days couldn't debate which way is up.

Keith

You forgot the Gannex Mac mate, although he was as corrupt as it comes when it all came out of the woodwork. I always wondered why they called it the "Scilly Isles"

We got to see that Romney understands what it takes to be a CEO of a company or a country where as we also saw that Obama really needs a teleprompter to spew other peoples thoughts. He really doesn't have an original thought does he?

The state of our country is not just because of one man, but a room full of self serving people called congress and not just one party. They all have sold out the USA for a very long time. If I ran my business like they have run the country, I'd be sent to jail.

I saw a youtube where people were asked if they thought the debate commission was wrong to not allow teleprompters at the debate. How could you possibly get spontaneous comments from a candidate using a telepromter? If you need to feed answers via a telepromter you might as well put your hand in the hole in the back and move the lips. "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"

Last edited:

Keith

I saw a youtube where people were asked if they thought the debate commission was wrong to not allow teleprompters at the debate. How could you possibly get spontaneous comments from a candidate using a telepromter? If you need to feed answers via a telepromter you might as well put your hand in the hole in the back and move the lips. "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid"

Teleprompter at a Presidential debate? Seriously?

Or is it one of those deals when the questions have to be posted up front?

If so, doesn't sound much like a proper debate. I suppose a few 'notes' would be OK, even Churchill used them and he was an accomplished orator. (So did Hitler, but we won't mention him)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The argument would be the TelePrompTer is like notes in electronic form.
However if one of the spin doctors was supplying answers to Romney's questions
Then the word debate is a misnomer.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
It was a good debate in that sense...Levelled the playing field and was actually focused on issues. I thought both men did a good job, Romney did better.

I only got to see the last 15 minutes, but I thought that Romney came across as the better public speaker of the two and we all know Obama can be a great public speaker. IMHO that will change with the next debate, Obama is aware that he appeared ill prepared (and, IMHO again, at times almost "disgusted" that he even had to engage in the process) and will be much more aggressive this next time.

One of the key elements, though, will need to be for Obama to point out the many about-faces Romney has made during this process, how many times he's changed his story and changed his stance on something, and if Obama can use that to demonstrate to the public that Romney can't be trusted to do after the election what he says during the pre-election period, the lack of trust the general public seems to feel for Romney will be even worse and that could be the last nail in the Romney campaign's coffin.

As for the teleprompter issue....you don't get to use a teleprompter all the time, and Obama can certainly hold his own in a spirited debate without one...you'll see, and if the Romney campaign thinks they can count on Obama to look uncomfortable without one they are going to be highly surprised :shocked:

Cheers!

Doug

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
The state of our country is not just because of one man, but a room full of self serving people called congress and not just one party. They all have sold out the USA for a very long time. If I ran my business like they have run the country, I'd be sent to jail.

Amen, too!

They should all be thrown out at the next election!

Cheers!

Doug

Just think, the next debate will be between Biden and Paul. That will be this Thursday night. This could be intertaining. We know about Biden, but little about Paul.

Keith

As it's now getting very close, I thought I'd offer a wall poster design for Lonesome Bobbi and Craikpot (for different reasons obviously)

Now, don't you be getting too excited boys.... :)

Hilary.jpg

Back