This is interesting!

Just looking at thread drift and our pal and buddy, Jim C, threw the yahoo report out noting 7% of Fox's share owned by a Saudi, who is funding the mosque. Classic bait and switch.

posted by Jim [QUOTEApparently a majority of Republicans did not agree with you, they agreed with me!

Additionally the American people agree with me as well, per Gallup, his approval rating went up during and after the Republican inquistion. His second term, approval rating was 61%.

][/QUOTE]

This is the kind of simple minded justification for his viewpoints. Take a random poll and post it out of context to try and prove his superior point of view. He is sounding more and more like Moveon.org or even some of the pundits on conservative talk radio. Is this another Al Franken or another Rush Limbaugh type. Who knows where he is comming from. If you guys will stop replying to his political rants and call him on his less than objective postings of selected material, maybe he will get the message.
It's back to cars for me.
Garry

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Not for nothing Jim but the guy was getting head in the oval office, not to mention strange acts with cigars. I voted for him, but he deserved to be impeached, the guy had no respect for anything!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Part of a post posted by Al,

Garry, these are not "random polls", these are Gallup poles at the end of his term. I poseted the poll numbers in reation to Al's post, 61% approval rating is very very good, obviously most of America did not agree with Al.

QUOTE]"Bush's approval rating, which stands at 28 percent [/QUOTE]

As you can see Clintons approval rating was somewhat higher than Bush2's.

The Americal people have spoken.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Where does 61% approval come from, someone's dreams?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Postred by Domtoni

Clinton's job approval rating ranged from 36% in mid-1993 to 64% in late 1993 and early 1994. In his second term, his rating consistently ranged from the high-50s to the high-60s.<SUP id=cite_ref-101 class=reference>[102]</SUP> After his impeachment proceedings in 1998 and 1999, Clinton's rating reached its highest point at 73% approval.<SUP id=cite_ref-102 class=reference>[103]</SUP> He finished with an approval rating of 68%
Wikipedia

Domtoni, you are right, I was wrong the actual number was 68% my bad.

Al, look at the number after the inquisition, 73%, very interesting.

The American people have spoken!

My mistake here. I thought we were talking about BHO not Bill Clinton.

Its always an issue of how one sees Clinton's extra stuff in the Oval Office. Like most good Europeans, I think that was pretty much between two consenting adults, and didn't involve the process. My fear here is the Republicans were afraid of Clinton's popularity, and hence had to expose him to get back into power. This was a sad act. But those are my thoughts. But we don't need to back to Clinton and stay on BHO.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Domtoni, nice try, the 68% was at the end of his second term.

Those FACTS keep getting in the way don't they.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, Jim, The poll is about BO, Obama, Barrack Obama, Barrack Hussein Obama, NOT Bill Clinton, Carter, Harvey Wallbanger or anyone else, Obama, got it?
Posted by Al

Al, I only mentioned Clinton in relation to why I was not a Republican anymore, you brought up the stuff about Lawinski, not me. This thread drift is on you!

But that will not stop you blaming stuff on me.

Last edited:
Been away for a little over a week. I would like to just jump in and add something that I feel needs to be said.

One thing I've learned about political discussions is that in the end, nobody "wins." There is enough political dung to bring up about all of them. I think all the so called "great" presidents were the ones in the very beginning when things were all bright and rosy and there was a collective, genuine excitement about what we were striving for in this new nation. Of course there was bitter political rivalry then, but now it seems that is all the drive there is... which political party can make it to the #1 spot. Neither party has that same drive to make America #1 now because America has been at the top of the heap for so long. I'm not saying there should be no drive to KEEP America there, but that is the attitude we see coming from ALL presidents it seems.

As for Jim - the backlash against him for supporting his side is appalling. Anyone on his side is greatly outnumbered here, so if he needs to STFU than you ALL need to STFU. So... people on the right get to say all the collective things they want to say, but Jim tries to keep up with useful facts but he's talking too much. *Sigh* Then I read some people saying they "believe" something to be the way it is but then feel they don't need to support it. *Sigh* Whatever... good luck Jim...

I guess I'm really not completely on anyone's side here. If there is ever an election where neither of the Repubs or Demos has a complete dimwit running (and if Palin runs in 2012 it will only continue the cycle), then finally I will be able to vote for a different party; otherwise it's the same old thing - vote just for the sake of keeping the worst out of office.

Chris,

I have been lucky enough to have been away on holiday for a couple of weeks and did get to watch 10 mins of a Fox news channel as that is all I could stand.

Sorry, but if it was the same Fox channel that is mentioned on this thread then in my opinion calling it a news channel would give grounds for prosecution under the trades description act.

It seemed to be some guy putting forward his views on a subject while blatantly self publicising himself and his show, news did not come into it.

Sorry for the arrogance, maybe I caught them during a bad 10 minutes and have been spoilt by the BBC.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
...if it was the same Fox channel that is mentioned on this thread then in my opinion calling it a news channel would give grounds for prosecution under the trades description act.

It seemed to be some guy putting forward his views on a subject while blatantly self publicising himself and his show, news did not come into it.

Sorry for the arrogance, maybe I caught them during a bad 10 minutes and have been spoilt by the BBC.

Nope, Nick, you saw Fox Op-Ed in standard operational mode.

Cheers from Doug!

Chris,

I have been lucky enough to have been away on holiday for a couple of weeks and did get to watch 10 mins of a Fox news channel as that is all I could stand.

Sorry, but if it was the same Fox channel that is mentioned on this thread then in my opinion calling it a news channel would give grounds for prosecution under the trades description act.

I think you are spot on with that. The left has its extremists. The right cries fowl complaining about the "leftist" media. So, what would be the right thing to do? Offer a truly neutral news outlet. What does Fox do? The exact same thing that they are complaining about coming from the left. That's no solution - it's just fueling the fire. Maybe they believe 2 wrongs make a right? The problem as I see it is that Fox went farther to the right than any mainstream "left" station ever was to the left. Fox is NOT a news source by any means.

One interesting thing - most of the Obama bashers will also bash Bush2 now. But they weren't bashing him when he was in office. Did it take you that long to figure it out or do you pick and choose when it is appropriate?

Charlie Farley

Supporter
When i have a blocked up nose, i don't pick at the left one first, then secondly the right. I hold a tissue up and let rip with both.
That way, i can see what sh!t came out of both.
I guess that holds no intellectual licence, but it seems to work for me.
I think ' channel hopping ' between news media channels is a similair
experience.

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Chris -

At least you admit that you're basing your opinion of Fox News on just 10 minutes of watching it.

It has been my experience that I need to see more of something before deciding I hate it.

Chris -

At least you admit that you're basing your opinion of Fox News on just 10 minutes of watching it.

It has been my experience that I need to see more of something before deciding I hate it.

Pat.

I think this was aimed at me, and you are correct normally it would take more than 10 mins. I was looking for world news, it only took me 10 minutes to realise I was not going to get it on the channel I was watching so switched to the BBC and got exactly what I as looking for with a couple of minutes.

As I said maybe I was unlucky but it was labelled Fox news and it was not broadcasting news.

Back