Top jobs

Mike Pass

Supporter
I used to have a job as a pheasant plucker but had to give it up due to my dyslexia and predisposition to spoonerisms.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• worlds-worst-jobs.jpg
    worlds-worst-jobs.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 213

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I used to have a job as a pheasant plucker but had to give it up due to my dyslexia and predisposition to spoonerisms.

Cheers
Mike

Pleasant Valley Pheasant Plucker

Say that 3 times, fast... :stunned:

Android development lead here. It's a GREAT job IMHO. Just need to think of a killer app to make me the next Bill Gates in my spare time while having fun during the day tinkering with our company's current app. :)

Marine Bio is cool but unless the UK is vastly different hard to make a living at it. I used to be a Fisheries Biologist with NOAA but have been in IT for 15 years now.

I didn't interpreted the original posts' 'top job' as necessarily top pay. :) which it clearly isn't, even though it is 'up there' for sure.
Flying for a living must really be great I bet, but also super boring at times like most things. Time away from home can be sucky too if you have family.

I hate surveys. Especially surveys reported in the Paddock. That's why I asked who was surveyed. That's really why I jumped on the topic ;)

Marine Biologist is way cool. Loads of cool jobs out there. I used to have a way cool job, world travel, pretty girls, bright lights yada yada, but did it pay as well as my not cool job? Sadly, no. I think the best jobs tend to pay the least in reality. That is my experience anyway. Can't speak for others.

I just have a massive respect for folk that do jobs they are passionate about and to the devil with how much it pays. Sadly and to my detriment, I am too shallow and materialistic for anything noble or enlightening.

Pheasant plucking I fear, is neither cool, nor well paid.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Then it's definitely time for a survey!

CNNMoney, 50 Best Jobs in America.......

1 Software Engeneer
2 College Professor
3 Financial Advisor
4 Human Resourse Manager
5 Physician Assistant
6 Market Research Analysist
7 Computer IT Analysist
8 Real Estate Appraiser********:)
9 Pharmacist
10 Phychologist

37 Lawyer
43 Dentist

Pilot, not in top 50
Doctor not in top 50

Last edited:

Malcolm

Supporter
No 2 College Professor needs to work harder at teaching spelling!

Same as my GT40 replica is the best one out there (cos its mine) I also think my job is the best one out there. Professional monopoly player. And I have just taken on another job on top of my regular one and am still smiling!

Well, I used to have a cool job. I'm still doing the same thing I've done for the last 40+ years it's just that the environmentalists have decided it's not cool anymore and want to put us out of business. I catch reef fish and ship them to wholesalers on the mainland and Europe. While I can't afford a Ford GT, it's been a pretty good lifestyle (and supporter of my dermatologist and Mohs surgeon). I probably would have ended up in some sort of design type career like architecture if I didn't follow the diving. When I have an impulse to be creative I take it out on my house where I'm my own best/worst client.

My neighbor was Navy/civilian pilot and had to give it up for medical reasons. His second career is doing fireworks displays all over the world for one of the largest companies. Did the Dubai one, China Olympics, inaugurations etc. How cool is that?! Those Creamora fireballs on the beach paid off!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I remember that in those days both my wife and I smoked, so we sat in the smoking section, the smarties booked seats in Non smoking but wandered up to the smoking section to have a durry. It was diabolical with everyone in seats smoking and up to twenty people at any time smoking in the aisles.
One had to get smashed to survive.

Back