Tornado GT40

Thanks Paul,hoping to get body in a few weeks.Havent done much over the past few months,only got single garage and weather too cold.Hoping to fit and prep body for paint in spring while saving for engine parts and gearbox.when are you getting your car sprayed or are you having too much fun to strip it down.had dax cobra that i ran in gelcoat for 2yrs enjoyed it too much to prep it for paint,all the best,Kevin.

Mine goes in the paintshop Monday - they said it should be around 10 days with 2 guys on it. I'll post some pics once I get it back - in the mean time I have Ians DAX to build - 15 weeks to finish and counting !

GT40001.jpg

Haven't posted for a while, i've been fitting body over the summer when i can be bothered, or have time!!

GT40004.jpg

Still have to sand shutlines but doors and body coming together.

Will post more pictures later.

Kevin

Last edited:
More pictures!

GT40005.jpg

Sanded rear of GT40, more filling of seams required, had to build up rear of deck so it matched roof line because i wanted smaller shut-lines on rear deck meeting side sills.

GT40007.jpg

Cut out front light boxes and fitted front clip.

GT40006.jpg

Fitted front and rear clip locators.

GT40003.jpg

GT40002.jpg

GT40008-1.jpg

Trimming eyebrows and trial fitting to roof, quite tricky to fit them close to roof due to doors rubbing when opening on rear of eyebrows.

Kevin.

Hi Trev,havent worked on car for few yrs now.bought some parts for when i restart build.got divorced,been living with new partner for few yrs,but she has no drive or garage.We have just put an offer on a new house with garage thats been accepted so looking forward to restarting build in new yr,fingers crossed.:thumbsup:

Back