Trans Adapter kit

flatchat said:
Nope ! If you must have a V8 -- why not the A8 ??
I like american V8 better. Better looking engine, no a lot of plastic for example! Clean and VERY nice looking if You have injection with 8 "trumpets"! :)

S

svsgt1

I'm making a custom LS1 to Audi 01E adapter but I need one critical deminsion that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I need to know how thick to make my custom flywheel so if anybody has the distance from the mounting surface of the gearbox/engine to the friction surface of the flywheel please let me know what it is. In other words I need the distance of where the gearbox and engine mate to where the face of the flywheel sits.

Two other less important things:
- Does anyone have a bolt pattern drawing with the correct measurements for the LS1 and/or Audi 01E that I can double check my measurements with.

- Also does anyone have the diameter and depth of the hole that the pilot bearing sits in on the flywheel?

Thanks,
Adam Grosso

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
"Some" progress --Ford mod. 01E /AO2

Attachments

• F mod to Audi O1E, AO2 adapter 002.jpg
    F mod to Audi O1E, AO2 adapter 002.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,205
  • F mod to Audi O1E, AO2 adapter 001.jpg
    F mod to Audi O1E, AO2 adapter 001.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 866
Nice looking adapter. Do you have the flywheel worked out yet? Would you share dimensions and other particulars once completed?

S

svsgt1

Hey guys I wanted to give you guys a quick update on my custom LS1-01E adapter. A prototype was made to confirm the dimensions, now I just need to make the real thing. It is going to be 0.824" thick (~21mm), but the good part is that it will use a stock LS1 starter location. It is also going to use the stock audi clutch setup and a stock LS1 flexplate. The reason is to cut down on the number of custom components while still maintaining the stock starter location. A custom steel or aluminum flywheel is going to be made. But I'm just excited about the thinness of this adapter as nobody said it could be done. Considering most adapters are .5" thick I figured .8" isn't bad considering everyone was saying it would be 1.5" thick. When I get the real adapter plate done I will post pics for everyone to see. It is going to be fun.

Adam

Back