U-Boat alert...

...or how to build a pedal boat of a very special kind:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8IQIUQ8E5s]Hamburg Achtung U-Boot! - YouTube[/ame]

Best,

Marcus

Marcus,

Tried to watch it but got a message saying the "video uploader has not made this video visible in your country"

So either it has been blocked as they don't want to panic us or they don't want us to find out Germans have a sense of humour ;)

Keith

Ja, butt ve gott itt....

kaptured..... heh heh...

UBOAT2_zps2c8a3997.jpg

UBOAT4_zpsc49370a6.jpg

UBOAT3_zps7d739daa.jpg

UBOAT5_zpsc735f256.jpg

Unt, it ist heading bak!

UBOAT7_zpsec01f616.jpg

Ron Earp

Admin
I sure hope all that stuff in the control room there doesn't actually do anything. Otherwise he's made it unnecessarily complicated and doomed to fail.

Bob, a classic...thx for posting.

@ Nick, Jeff and Rene: Better go straight to Youtube and search for "U-Pooly" and please don´t be too shocked if you discover slight signs of unintended German humour... "wink"

@ Keith: Wow.

lol @video Bob :D

whahah...U-pooly ist nur fun :)
looking at staring people when you know what it is and they wondered about what they think they see.

20120620_crasemann_heye_de_U-pooly2_GW.jpg

20120620_u_pooly_sok_GW.jpg

what you see is what U get ;-)

I wonder if the U1 in the Deutsches Museum in Munich will float or is it full of cement? I've been out of the Virgina coast in the SSN-758 before she was signed over to the Navy. These are impressive machines. If this isn't too far off the thread, how many submariners are there among us on the 40 site?

a short Video on the fast attack Asheville
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z5LGrRH_74[/ame]

Last edited:
Thanks Marcus
I've seen the U1 several times and knew it was supposed to cut up after WW1, but was saved by the Deutsches Museum. I had forgotten its 'current state'. My son went to university in Garching working on a doctorate and we would visit. Also the US Army would send me to Mannhiem/Heidelberg for 3 weeks periods over the years and I would often go to Munich and visit. The Deutsches Museum is one of my favorite places to visit because of the working mechanical displays and machines. A real time line of the industrial age.

If this isn't too far off the thread, how many submariners are there among us on the 40 site?

I was a civilian in the Navy - Nuclear Engineer Code 2340 Nuclear Test Engineering at Pearl Harbor Shipyard 1982-1985. Trained on 688 Los Angeles Class S6G reactor and 579 Swordfish 3Gcore 3 reactors. Cool stuff. Does that count?

Back