VDO Cockpit and Vision gauges

Chris Duncan

Supporter
MK V on EBAY

With the tack rotated for needle at 12:00 at redline, the numbers are positioned vertically.

It also has the white needles that you guys are coveting.

Attachments

• 50440-f4_3.JPG
    50440-f4_3.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 386
My understanding is that the VDO Cockpit Vision fuel guage doesn't have a low level warning light.

If so, has anyone added one?

Where did you get the circuit diagram, and how did you wire it to the VDO sender? Did you mount an LED on the dash, or drill a hole for it on the face of guage itself?

Thanks

Richard

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I like the VDO's as well. I have a set in the unfinished Cobra and they look clean and very nicely styled. I am curious to see what Fran's gauges look like, he said they are 'Smith' like. but I think the 8k RPM tacho might be a problem for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I think he said they were made by Classic Instruments, who also has a GT40 custom that they show on the site-

http://www.classicinstruments.com/index.aspx?documentID=gt

Looks interesting, but I'm pretty sure these are not what Fran is offering, but these dial faces look nice, not sure if these are available as they were in the 'Custom' section that may have been done for a customer or other GT40 company.

Sandy

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
You are right Richard - no warning lights on VDO Cockpit Vision guages. However, they might end up being just a distraction - with the long shallow fuel tanks, I find that I get readings from full to empty, just going up or down long hills on part-full tanks - even with baffles in the tanks. The only time that the setup is accurate is when I am stopped on level ground, or going at a constant speed on a level road !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Last week I ran my CAV down to the empty line and checked the miles it took to run out of gas. I went 56 miles when I could hear the fuel pump suck air. Then I switched tanks and didn't skip a beat. My gauges are VDO's. Joseph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That's a very handy margin, Joseph.

How many gallons are your CAV tanks (to give me an idea of the ratio)?

Thanks

Regards
Richard

Back