***Vintage Sponsorship Decals & Graphics***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered my set. I have just about everything but the car!! :) It will get here September 1 hopefully. I'll send pics when it's complete.

Jeff

Hi Chris, the stickers arrived downunder in perfect condition.

Thanks.

Thanks Pete - I appreciate you update and if you need any other decals I am starting to compile my list of auto clients who have purchased vintage decals from us and set them up with a 20% discount for future orders. I'll have a coupon code for you to enter on the Raceline web store shortly.

Let me know - wish I had a driver!

Chris

**ALL DECAL KITS for the GT40, COBRA AND COBRA DAYTONA ARE NOW 20% OFF UNTIL NOVEMBER 31ST, 2008** Enter coupon code RD1

Hi Chris - I would be interested in some decals for my RCR40 that is in the build stages right now. I will call you next week to try and nail down just exactly what I would like.

XGT-2 markings

Hi Chris,

I need a set of XGT-2 markings for my SPF GT40 (P2109), but I have a question about the orientation of the number "7" on the rear deck roundel.

On page 117 of the John Allen/Gordon Jones book "The Ford That Beat Ferrari", the top photo (of XGT-1) captions says in part, "Whilst all other GT40s had the rear-deck race number angled towards the pits, on the Alan Mann entries 7 and 8 the numbers are placed exactly longitudinally." The accompanying photo of XGT-1 very clearly shows the number 8 in exactly the described position - square with the car as viewed from behind (as if you're reading left to right).

I have not been able to locate a photo of XGT-2 which confirms their claimed orientation of the number 7 on the rear deck. The closest I've found is a photo on page 125 of the same book in which the 7 appears to be in the orientation they describe. The photo is a low angle left-rear quartering shot, but the top bar of the 7 seems to go exactly left to right across the rear of the snorkle. This photo is with the post-shunt flat-black front clip, suggesting that this was the orientation of the 7 during the 1966 LeMans race.

Your roundel for the rear deck appears to be rotated counterclockwise more than 90 degrees from what this book indicates. Do you have photos confirming the orientation of the rear deck roundel? I just want to get it right the first time!

One other minor question - is the "Ford" lettering on your side stripes clear or silver? My car already has the side stripes painted, but with no "Ford" lettering. If the lettering on your side-strips is silver, I can just cut out and apply that portion over the existing stripe. If it's clear, I'll need to apply it over a small section of silver.

Thanks - and I'm looking forward to getting the markings on my car!

Regards,
Dick

Hi All,

Just a refresh regarding what my company can provide to the replica community for those in search of vintage sponsorship decals and graphics.

It has taken many months of research, design and development to now be able to supply owners of real or replica GT40 Mk I & Mk II, Cobra/Daytona and Grand Sport cars with vintage sponsorship decals and graphics. I have done my very best to use the most accurate sources for all of the graphics Raceline offers to ensure the best possible product. All decals are thermally printed on performance vinyl film for many years of great looks and performance, others like the roundels, numbers etc are made with the best 8-year film we can get. We also offer our stripes, roundels etc in digital paint mask for paint applications. To aid in finding groups of graphics for a specific livery, we now have graphics 'kits' - just one click and you get everything you need for a specific livery like the 1075 Le Mans winner and more.

I'm proud to have provided our decals/graphics for SEMA show cars and other venues like the Chicago Auto Show etc as well as many great GT40 and other replica/race car owner's cars. Customer service is always No.1 so you can be assured you'll be taken care of from start to finish.

I'll wrap things up by saying many thanks to those who have purchased from Raceline Digital and I'll do my best to assist anyone who have questions about our product. I'll post some samples from our website to get an idea of what products we sell.

Cheers!

Chris
Hi Chris, I am looking for Gulf GT40 decals for my replica. How do I go about ordering them? Patrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back