Wanna know what I really love?

Be careful not to follow the bright shiny object. You've made a commitment to the dealership, changing your mind now for something that appears better may not be the way to go. In my business we look for stabilty in employment, not someone who moves when a better offer comes along.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Yes, I agree Tod. That's why I'm wary. It's also Insurance... Need I say more? LOL I'm getting better at the dealership, it's a learning process. I think I pissed the parts guys off today. They blew me off when I asked for a price on something, so I called and got the price myself. Then I asked the Service Mgr. if I should have done that. He said, "Noooooo, don't ever do that!" LOL Guess I need to know my role. Kinda hard when I've been playing Jack Of All Trades at my other jobs.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I think I pissed the parts guys off today. They blew me off when I asked for a price on something, so I called and got the price myself. Then I asked the Service Mgr. if I should have done that. He said, "Noooooo, don't ever do that!"

Yeah,

Better to piss off the customer by making them wait until the parts guys get damn good and ready to do it. In most dealerships there is a natural "chain of blame" that pits all departments against each other and when in doubt, it is ALWAYS sale's fault!

Perhaps the culture at this store needs a little "tweaking" and perhaps you may be the person to do it................

This is not going to help your management aspirations.. IMHO if the customer wanted the price quickly and the parts Guy blew you off, you should of called the customer and explained that there is a delay in getting the information and that you would call as soon as you know or
go see the service Manager, tell him you need a price ASAP and parts blew you off, his job is to sort these situations not yours.

You need to work as a team and sometimes that means putting up with someone else's bad day. Going behind their back and getting the price yourself is only going to create friction you don't need.

Remember you want these Guys to think that you're a great Guy and helpfull. You want them to trust you. You want them to come to you when they have a problem. This comes with time hence the 2 year to Manager thing. Earn peoples respect by doing your own job well but also show respect for the Parts department Guys.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Thanks for all the encouraging words guys. I'm trying my damndest to get this stuff straightened out. It seems that here, everyone has a specific job description, and if it's not in yours, you better not do it. Not used to that. LOL

Back