Wedding?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Settle down you blokes, stop acting like grumpy Geezers. The Bride was beautiful the Bride's maid Phooaaarrr. The bill will be paid by the millions the tourists spend. Don't worry be happy.:heart:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
But now I find out that P. Charles (your version of P. Diddy) FUBARed his Aston by converting to run on wine squeezings? I mean, geez, it is an iconic car and there aren't many of them. Although they said Lizzie bought a spare engine with it when she rang up Newport Pagnell many years back. Perhaps that one is still "factory" and ready to drop in

Settle down you blokes, stop acting like grumpy Geezers. The Bride was beautiful the Bride's maid Phooaaarrr. The bill will be paid by the millions the tourists spend. Don't worry be happy.:heart:

The bride and her sister are drop dead gorgeous, Katherine seems down to earth and not a bit affected. Lucky guy!

You can think of us what you like and to be honest, I don't really think any of us really care.

Actually I like the English, I think you lessen yourselves by thinking that that family somehow defines you but so be it.
My fawning comment was directed at certain Australian identities. If it's not having someone reigning over us it's playing someone else's deputy...

Anyway my time here has long passed, I shouldn't have come back.
Is there a GT40 forum anywhere on this Internet thingy?

Tim.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Very cool that they drove off in an Aston, though- quite sporting. Is that a DB5 or a DB6 Vantage? or whatever they call the convertible version of it...?

Actually I like the English, I think you lessen yourselves by thinking that that family somehow defines you but so be it.
My fawning comment was directed at certain Australian identities. If it's not having someone reigning over us it's playing someone else's deputy...

Tim.

Yeah if you go anyplace but the paddock, tons of stuff!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Tim.
Plenty of car stuff right here Tim, anywhere but the paddock. But you already knew that.:thumbsup:

Keith

Just an update on the 'who-pays-what' issue.. It looks as if it was a pretty traditional affair after all.

Mr Middleton himself stumped up for usual 'Bride's Family' stuff including the clothes, hotels, transport, wedding reception, booze etc etc to the tune of over £250,000.

The State paid for the rest - policing, 'elf & safety, big screens, rubbish & ordure clearance, road closures etc.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Good for Mr Middleton, then; of course the sister will no doubt marry and require a similar send-off. The poor man will end up broke.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Good for Mr Middleton, then; of course the sister will no doubt marry and require a similar send-off. The poor man will end up broke.

Mr. Middleton has offered Pippa two tickets to Vegas and a voucher to the Little Chapel on the Strip........................

Keith

Hey Tim!

You KNOW it's True Love when:

Balcony.jpg

:rolleyes:

I suppose there had to be one drudge on the forum - just surprised it was you - your sentiments are so old hat and "Red Robbo" it's not even true...

Royal family & events such as this generates billions for the UK in "invisible" earnings... ask any London hotel, restaurant owner how they felt about it.. :)

It's paid for by the Civil List - i.e. budgeted.

Hi Keith,

Sorry to be not very entertaining for you on this subject. I AM English, so I feel somewhat qualified to speak on the matter, at least as much as any other Englishman (or woman), including you.

The fact of the matter is that the royals have amassed their wealth at the expense of others. Whether is was plundering the riches of foreign lands when England ruled the seas, or historically not paying taxes on the earnings of their huge estate, it's still the same in the end: others went without basic necessities while the royals had their every whim attended to, no matter how vain or extravagent. It offends my sense of decency.

I suppose there had to be one drudge on the forum - just surprised it was you - your sentiments are so old hat and "Red Robbo" it's not even true...

Royal family & events such as this generates billions for the UK in "invisible" earnings... ask any London hotel, restaurant owner how they felt about it.. :)

It's paid for by the Civil List - i.e. budgeted.

Hi Keith,

Sorry to be not very entertaining for you on this subject. I AM English, so I feel somewhat qualified to speak on the matter, at least as much as any other Englishman (or woman), including you.

The fact of the matter is that the royals have amassed their enormous wealth at the expense of others. Whether is was plundering the riches of foreign lands when England ruled the seas, or historically not paying taxes on the earnings of their huge estate, it's still the same in the end: others went without basic necessities while the royals had their every whim attended to, no matter how vain or extravagent. It offends my sense of decency.

Here in the Colonies we got rid of all of that in the late 1700's because we wanted to create opportunity for all without the burden of a well-dressed free loaders riding on our coat tails. Seems to have been effective - within 100 years the US was the largest and richest and most powerful country in the world.

Back