Wheel widening ....

For everyone in the US,I recommend Eric @ Vaughn Machine in Monrovia CA for any widening or narrowing of wheels.He is a one man shop and always busy but very much worth the wait.He does aluminum only,no magnesium. The quality of his work is unsurpassed.626 358 6413.

Well, after much blood, sweat and tears I took the plunge and sent my 2 Halibrand replica wheels to Rindt Felgen.

I must say that I was very disappointed! I mean who doesn't speak English these days??

All those visits to 'Babelfish.com' just to get an email through - :lol::lol:........................

Of course, I am kidding big time - I just got the wheels back this morning - take a look and see for yourselves:-

DSCF3032_DCE.jpg

DSCF3031_DCE.jpg

DSCF3030_DCE.jpg

DSCF3029_DCE.jpg

DSCF3028_DCE.jpg

DSCF3027_DCE.jpg

DSCF2698.jpg

Original fronts before widening.

myperana_closeup_Frontwheel.jpg

Overall exactly the look I was seeking - the deep dish is amazing.

All I have to do is get 10mm machined off the inside of hub to counterbalance the widening effect, Oh yes then open the invoice from Rindt Felgen.

Can you believe it - they sent the wheels to my door in the UK with no payment up front?? Unheard of.

Now, as long as the glue they used to stick the wide bit on holds firm.................

ps my great thanks to Tom and to my friend Evelin (based in Germany) for communicating with Frau Rindt this past month.

Here's a question - I just bought the special tool for tightening the tri-spinners on my Cobra Halibrand replica's.

What's the conventional wisdom for torque settings?

thanks Chris

Back