Wheel widening ....

Have had the tires fitted today. 5 Minutes and they where done. No issue at all.

the section added is still much smaller in dia than the original "HUMP".

added section
PICT2238maRKED.jpg

some pics with the rubber on it
PICT2240.jpg

PICT2242.jpg

PICT2243.jpg

PICT2244.jpg

TOM

Tom - I wonder if you can help?

How did your experience of these widened wheels turn out?

I am wanting my GT40 Halibrand reps 'deep dished' at the front and have emailed that company in Germany today.

Did you have a contact name? Do they speak English if I call them?

many thanks Chris UK.

Hi Chris

don´t know if they speak english ( most likely they do) i have no special contact there, but if you want i can support

TOM

Hi Chris

don´t know if they speak english ( most likely they do) i have no special contact there, but if you want i can support

TOM

Thanks Tom - my main question is - has this been a good experience for you? I assume you had your wheels done?

Are you based in Germany?

thanks Chris

ps basically my wheels are these:-

face_1.jpg

GT40-wheel-replica2.jpg

And I need to get the 'dish' of the wheels to resemble these:-

(because I can't find a firm to make the Lola replicas)

A2_LOLA_1.jpg

A2_LOLA_2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes i have widened my rear wheels by them. The processed the wheels withing 3 weeks. Very nice and exact work. Have not done any additional cleaning, just off to the sandblaster and powder coater ( wheels are black now). They run perfectly true.
Have not driven them yet.
They do a lot of old style 911 Fuchswheels for RSR conversions. have a good reputation.

yes i´m based in germany

TOM

I have the Lola wheels as three piece on the shelf.....any backspacing or PCD

Attachments

• S7304258_Medium.jpg
    S7304258_Medium.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 457
  • S7304261_Medium.jpg
    S7304261_Medium.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
I have the Lola wheels as three piece on the shelf.....any backspacing or PCD

Hi Fran,

The wheels I need must look like these - they are the original Lola type on the car I'm replicating. Notice the curvature of the spokes.

Lola_1.jpg

Lola_2.jpg

Lola_Perana_1.jpg

Lola_Perana_2.jpg

Lola_Perana_3.jpg

Lola_Perana_5.jpg

Lola_Perana_6.jpg

Lola_Perana_7.jpg

If I can't get pretty much the exact profile of wheel I may as well get my Halibrands widened.

thanks Chris

Hi Chris

TOM

Tom, here's the email I sent to rindt-felgen:-

<style></style> Hallo,

I have a set of GT40 Halibrand replica wheels.

I need the front wheels widened by 1 inch to create a deeper dish.

Can you offer advice please:-

1. Do you offer this service?

2. will the wheel lawful to use on road?

3. strong as original?

4. Is this service to TUV standard?

many thanks Chris

I also sent a German translation - haven't heard anything back yet - I'll wait til tomorrow - if nothing heard - I'd be happy for you to maybe also ask for me or maybe establish a contact that I could speak to in English if you don't mind?

thanks Chris

They are not T70 wheels then....as the originals I have all have much straighter spokes...

We can machine you wheels exactly as you have pictured but to put that much surface contour into them will not be cheap, the billet would be very expensive ...but they will look right...

The price of correctness I guess....your call.

They are not T70 wheels then....as the originals I have all have much straighter spokes...

We can machine you wheels exactly as you have pictured but to put that much surface contour into them will not be cheap, the billet would be very expensive ...but they will look right...

The price of correctness I guess....your call.

Fran do you want to email me a quote?

cheers Chris

Yes i have widened my rear wheels by them. The processed the wheels withing 3 weeks. Very nice and exact work. Have not done any additional cleaning, just off to the sandblaster and powder coater ( wheels are black now). They run perfectly true.
Have not driven them yet.
They do a lot of old style 911 Fuchswheels for RSR conversions. have a good reputation.

yes i´m based in germany

TOM

Hi Tom - finally in some dialog with rindt-felgen, except they email in German and I have to use Babelfish to interpret and reply - which I'm sure is causing all sorts of misunderstanding. such as they stated that 'this is not possible in principle' then go on to ask which side I want widened!!

Not their fault - it's a matter of translation.

So I'm thinking I ned some 'local' help or find a German speaker to ask my questions. What you reckon?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
There is a set of those wheels currently on ebay.co.uk
Search for GT40 - Currently £99.99 for 4 butthey need work

Ian

Hi Chris

i haven´t followed up lately , Have you got an answer from RINDT now or do you need me to help a little more ?

TOM

Hi Chris

i haven´t followed up lately , Have you got an answer from RINDT now or do you need me to help a little more ?

TOM

Tom - I was waiting for them to reply to your last question about 'inserting that 25mm band where the red line is'

If you feel you can just confirm that with them I can ship the wheels off.

thanks Chris

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Mods - your website has sent me at least 4 identical messages stating that EGLITOM has responded to my post???

Not sure why this would be.. Since I'm not an Administrator - nothing I can do other than to advise you to go to your user control panel and unsubscribe from the thread..

Back