Which colour do I go for? AAAAARGH!!!!!

Graham,
I for one wiould like to chime in with the thought that the bottom of the car is going to get some debris, sand, grit etc. that will mar any finish you put on it(as far as paint is concerned. Why not do undercoating or bedliner finish to "protect" the bottom of the car??

bed liner spray - Google Search
I went with Line X and can't say enough for it. There is only one hazard for any finish you choose and that is the effect of solvents on the finish. Oil, grease, brake fluid and even gasoline. The Line X works well unless you let it sit in the fluids for a period of time. Can't comment on the others, but the different dealers should be able to let you know. If they hedge, it probably won't last.
Here are a couple of pics of the frame members and the inside of the front clip that I did with it.

P1010069.jpg

P1010010.jpg

Bill

Graham, Bill hit it on the head! You will collect some debris and the bottom is subject to chips, etc. Solvents are indeed another problem. I used a product called RustBullet. It is solvent proof and when applied (like a paint) you can't take it off with a chisel! Not too expensive and works a treat!

Back