Who will be the next President of the United States?

Charlie Farley

Supporter
We have a left over candidate, how about we swap you Tony Blair ( sounds like the right name for a Californian hairdresser ) for Hawaii ?

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
,,,,,,,,,NAVY and Airforce will be abolished,,, no more “SISSY SERVING”. You want to join the military??? Army and the Jarheads are your choices.

Don't you mean Army or "LEATHERNECKS"? MY career Marine father called the Army "jarheads". Or do you mean they can only join the Army?? These are points that will want need clarification as the campaign approaches.

Jim, you are absoutely right about these men not having the political influence they might need to succeed. Ross Perot was a perfect example. However, nothing that either party has done has worked. Spending is out of control and government is huge. I would suppose that many in this country doesn't think that these things are a concern. Many do.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Me...

I nominate myself as the next President of the USA.

WHY?

I have no former political knowledge nor have I been corrupted by past political good or wrong doings.

I am honest, and am trustworthy.

I have no money, and therefore do not have my hands in cookie jars they shouldn't be in.

I'm a Real Person, not a front put on in order to be elected.

I'm not a Republican

I'm not a Democrat

I'm not a Libertarian

I look at all angles of an issue before making my final decision

My name is Brian Hamilton. I live in Texas. I'm from Alabama. I like guns, cars, racing, video games, television, girls, and leaving people the hell alone! I'd appreciate your votes.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I'm just sayin... I think I'd be pretty good. :thumbsup:

First thing I'd do is lock myself in a room with copies of all the gov't programs that are taking millions and billions of dollars of taxpayer money and see which ones need to be axed. That'll save some of our money problems.

Faile, get your facts straight man. Jarhead is a term used to refer to Marines and has been used for years. It stems from the severe haircut style they have. Kind of like your favorite style only more so! Have you demoralized Mexico yet or are you back in town?

Guys TRUMP said the other day on MSNBC "for the first time in my life I am seriously thinking about running." He has even done polling just to TEST THE WATERS!!!!! I have said it before and I'll say it again those that can DO and those that can't TEACH (B.O.). Need proof just look at the current pres!!!!! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39581463/ns/politics/
Now I am not saying that I would vote for such a HUGE EGOMANIAC but boy would he SNAP the REST OF THE WORLD in line and quick!!!!!

Last edited:
When are you guys going to cut the spending on the campaign, or legislate a maximum spend?

Seems to me that having the biggest wallet certainly helps (although it doesn't guarantee a victory by any means).

The amount spent on your nominee's campaigns could rebuild a third world nation.

Why not cap the expenditure, then all the oil money / tech money etc can't make a difference, then we'll see who's got true leadership skills and charisma...

just my 2 pence worth...

Graham.

Graham I agree with you on the need for a cap but that would mean that anything having to due with the campaign (leaflets, TV time etc) would ALSO have to freeze the fees as that's where A LOT of the money goes. Good luck finding a company that is going to do that much work for free. It's the catch twenty two one never thinks about. Personally I think that they should not have any budgets and have to pound the pavement like in the old days but that is never going to happen either.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
I reckon you should hold a special national lottery.
The winner gets $1 million a year and is President.
But just to keep him down to earth, he has to live in a trailer park in Arkansas
and shoot rabbits to eat and brew his own moonshine.
That would keep his feet firmly earthed in the community, or is that how Jack Kennedy started off ?

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Our system has a cap, kinda sorta.

Each year, each nominee of the two major parties gets to choose whether they want to opt in to federal funding for their campaign, or raise money solely on their own. If they opt in, each side gets the same amoutn of money (this is post primary).

I believe this is correct, but up until President Obama, all candidates had opted IN. Obama raised enough money on his own, that he took the risk of opting out and then crushed McCain in fundraising.

When are you guys going to cut the spending on the campaign, or legislate a maximum spend?

Seems to me that having the biggest wallet certainly helps (although it doesn't guarantee a victory by any means).

The amount spent on your nominee's campaigns could rebuild a third world nation.

Why not cap the expenditure, then all the oil money / tech money etc can't make a difference, then we'll see who's got true leadership skills and charisma...

just my 2 pence worth...

Graham.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Jeff,

So tell me, if in my fantasy scenario, he had shot rabbits and made lots of moonshine and lets say at that time, alcohol was prohibited, and he had made tens of thousands of gallons of the stuff and recruited mobsters to distribute it and made millions of dollars ( gasping for breath here, both in reality and metaphorically ) could he under your plan have became a major force in national politics?
Could he also of founded the basis of a political dynasty on what effectively at the time was running a drugs cartel ?
Of course the irony is, one of his sons was a pilot. Volunteered to fly Liberator bombers over France packed with explosives, then bale out. Classic one, he was too pissed to get out. ( God that moonshine must be good ) So long ....another would be senator..... At least he achieved 3 out of 4, through untaxed illegal gotten gains.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
First you threaten to kill people with differing views than you.

Then you threaten to kill me because I have the nerve to think that President Obama is a US citizen.

Now you slander war heros, Joe Kennedy came to help in your time of need and died trying to protect your country.

I did not think you could go lower in my esteme but you have. As of now you are a non-person.

A very small, pathetic non-person.

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Jim, grow up, he was looking for self serving glory, and medals while pissed, simple.
Believe it or not, there are such people.
As to helping this country, pmmmmf...... his father (small f ) spent an in ordinate amount of effort prior to your entry into the war, trying to convince Congress that the UK was a lost cause and even put forward serious propositions for the US to do a deal with Hitler.
And that's before we delve deep into his political affiliations ( mafia connections )and financial support for the IRA, who by the way, were carrying out sabotage ,survelliance operations on behalf of Nazi Germany.
For fucks sake, get educated !!! Kennedy senior was a drug runner and Nazi sympathiser to boot !! Plain and simple...... Or does this spoil the illusion you grew up with ????

Last edited:
Back