Who will be the next President of the United States?

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Can anyone explain to me why in this type of discussion, whenever someone presents an opinion that differs from theirs that some concervatives jump to make vicious personal attacks?

I am not alone in feeling that President Obama is a US citizen, does having that opinion really call for vicious personal attacks?

Joe Kennedy Jr volunteered for a dangerous mission, and was killed when his aircraft exploded over southern England.

Regardless of what one thinks of his father, does my calling him a hero really call for vicious personal attacks?

I happen to feel that guns are very dangerous and cost many more lives than they save. I'm intitled to my opinion, does that call for vicious personal attacks?

What is wrong with these people?

Last edited:
Can anyone explain to me why in this type of discussion, whenever someone presents an opinion that differs from theirs that some concervatives jump to make vicious personal attacks?

I am not alone in feeling that President Obama is a US citizen, does having that opinion really call for vicious personal attacks?

Joe Kennedy Jr volunteered for a dangerous mission, and was killed when his aircraft exploded over southern England.

Regardless of what one thinks of his father, does my calling him a hero really call for vicious personal attacks?

I happen to feel that guns are very dangerous and cost many more lives than they save. I'm intitled to my opinion, does that call for vicious personal attacks?

What is wrong with these people?

Jim,

You are entitled to your opinion. Even more so, you are entitled to EXPRESS your opinion.

Please don't stop. I may not agree with everything you say (although I usually do), but as long as you continue to moderate your point with a degree of eloquence, I will always be listening...

(And who cares about spelling anyway ;)).

Leave the personal attacks for others... You're above that anyway.

Graham.

Keith

We (being the underdog doomed red headed step children of the old country that y'all fled from) actually like the way you fight your corner Jim even though you talk shite on occasion (just kidding mate).... :)

So, what kind of intolerance DID you lot try and escape from then? :worried:

Makes you think huh? :stunned:

I N C O M I N G ! ! !

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,

I do think about that from time to time.

You are a very interesting fellow, I like your style.

My red-headed father's family came over from Brody Ferry on the Firth of Tay when he was 10, my Grandfather got a job as a machinest with Pan Am (working on the China Clipper, Martin M-130) in Alameda CA and they never looked back. Although he was known as "Scotty" for the rest of his life.

Keith, Graham, I want to wish our Brit friends and virtually everone else here on the forum a very happy Thanksgiving.

ps, I miss your Gilbert and Sullivan Admiral guy.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
JimmyMac,

Thanks, thats the place.

I remember my Grandmother and Grandfather telling us about the Tay Bridge disaster, one of my great Uncle's was walking home from the station and saw the lights of the train fall.

We visited there in 1995, on our way to the British GB. It's a very nice little town. I was supprised that some of the pillings from the old bridge could still be seen.

Thanks for the correction, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Help out stamp dyslecia....................:)

Last edited:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I still think ya'll should elect me though. LOL

The RESPONSIBILITY to express your opinions is engrained in every American. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink. I for one like to hear everyones point of an argument before making my decision. I understand that some people don't like guns, I understand that some people are against abortion, and I understand the positions on both. Both of these views have a fantastic basis for believing or feeling that way.

Personal attacks are the last straw when you get frustrated trying to explain, prove, or get someone to agree with your point of view. These are also what cause wars. Strong beliefs in one thing or another, and the unwillingness to be flexible or respect the viewpoints of others is what is wrong with this world as a whole. This is the whole reason we have war and fighting.

Again, I'm up for election...

Back