Width of Stripes on New GT.

Does anyone know the exact width of stripes on the new GT. Interested in stripe width and gap between stripes. Haven't been able to find the widths anywhere. Thought I remember them being posted here, but buggered if I can find details now.

Working on ideas for stripe width for my GT. Any help would be much appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi Craig,
Is this what you had in mind? The car is a CAV in guardsman blue with silver top and side stripes. The steering wheel logo is a color photograph mounted under a flashlight lens. Logos are on Ford's GT website.
Bob

Attachments

• 54297-CAV-GT40-Stripes.JPG
    54297-CAV-GT40-Stripes.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,515
Yeah, I will be running twin stripes on top. And haven't decided whether to do twin stripe in lower sill decal like yours. Certainly thinking about it, although the original decal with basically single centre stripe looks good also.

Gee I like that steering wheel decal. I've already got a reproduction steering wheel centre. Although I'm going to copy it and insert it on the top of the gearstick.

Seriously thought about painting the car guardsman blue with silver stripes. But already had a cobra very similiar colours to that. So will do something different. Will more than likely be a brighter blue, a modern perl mica colour more likely with plain white stripes. I've got to decide on colour soon, within next couple of months, as it's already at the painters.

I like the proportions of GT stripes, so if I can find out the measurements will do mine to similiar dimensions.

Re: Width of Stripes on New GT. *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dave Harris

I started to post a picture of Strike2's car from the cobra breakfast a couple of Saturday's ago and thought better of it without first asking him. So, I have pic's of the front view, side and back showing the stripes. If Strike2 does not mind I'll post them.

Thanks Dave, I don't think photo's will help. I need the measurements. I've got photos of the one and only Ford GT in Aussie land. Couldn't get close to it, so no measurements unfortunately.

Craig, I measured them at a local dealership and posted the dimensions, but I can't find my post either! No notes that I can find either. I want to say something like 6-3/8" with a 1" center, but that's nothing more than a close guess at this point.

hello Bob, which wheels did you use on your car? I like them, they give the car a bit of a modern taste.

Hi Zagy,

The wheels are actually BRM replicas with spinners like the 1969 Gulf cars used. Mine are 17 x 8 front and 17 x 11 rear (see picture) Shortly I will be painting the spoke inserts dark charcoal and leaving the rim and spinner polished.

The wheels are from PS Engineering, 2675 Skypark Dr. #102, Torrance, CA 90505 1 (310) 534-4977

Bob

Last edited:
Just an update...

Thanks everyone for being so helpful, especially Strike2(John) & Bob for providing detailed info. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As body is getting painted next week, I'm going twin Ford GT style stripes, 6-3/4" wide, but with 2" gap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Haven't decided whether to go with old style "Ford GT" labelled sill stripes or go the whole hog and do what Bob did. Both look great...decisions, decisions... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ron McCall

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Zagy,

The wheels are actually BRM replicas with spinners like the 1969 Gulf cars used. Mine are 17 x 8 front and 17 x 11 rear (see picture) Shortly I will be painting the spoke inserts dark charcoal and leaving the rim and spinner polished.

The wheels are from PS Engineering, 2675 Skypark Dr. #102, Torrance, CA 90505 1 (310) 534-4977

Bob

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob ,
Do you know if the PS wheels will fit the Vintage Wheel adapters?

Thanks

Sorry Ron,

I don’t have any specific information on my wheel adapters. They just came with the car. However, here is a hub picture for reference. If you want any specific measurements, just let me know by normal email.

Bob

Last edited:

Pat

Supporter
This is 6 3/4" with a 1" gap.

Attachments

• 62258-Cavgetsstripes.JPG
    62258-Cavgetsstripes.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 571
Thanks Veek for the photo, my GT40 is going to be a very similiar colour blue to yours and same twin plain white stripes. That's exactly the look I'm after, I do prefer 2" gap, but yours looks great with 1", so maybe I should re-think my dimensions.

If you have any more photos from the front and rear, they would really be appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've posted a sample of my paint, in my re-build thread in GT40 Australia forum if you haven't checked it out yet.

Pat

Supporter
Hello Craig,
The car is actually in the shop being painted now. I am using the stripe dimensions I got from John's earlier forum post. Here are a couple of shots I took earlier today.

Attachments

• 62278-Repaint7.JPG
    62278-Repaint7.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 597
Thanks Veek, that last shot gives you a really good idea of how stripes look. And they look fantastic.

Mine is hopefully being painted next week...can't wait. Got a lot of work to do before then though.

John(Strike2) is a legend for posting those stripe dimensions, I'm guessing he took the measurements of his own car. I certainly owe him a beer or two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Veek, hate to ask for another shot, but if you do get a chance a front shot would be appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pat

Supporter
Hi Craig.
The front hasn't been painted as yet. Hopefully it will be today or early next week.

Back