Wikileaks?

Keith

He's not been charged because the application that led to his arrest is for him to be extradited to Sweden for "questioning" to see if he has a case to answer.

Assange maintains that's a ploy so that the US can get him from Sweden to answer charges of "Encouraging Theft of US Government Property" but I have no idea why they are going through this charade because surely they could apply for his extradition from the UK?

All very messy.

I have taken about an hour to read and digest the information about this organisation on Wikipedia and it seems that back in 2006/2008 he was indeed providing a useful conduit exposing some dark deeds around the world, but his early supporters now seem to have deserted him and pretty much the consensus seems to be that he has radically changed management & delivery style for the worst.

'Leaks' is funded by donation, so I was quite surprised to see some of the major donors being: The Los Angeles Times, Associated Press and the National Newspapers Publishers Association among the names.

I'm glad I took the time to read and learn about Assange and his On-Line service and perhaps I should have done that before I commented, but I haven't changed my view at all which was mainly based on the type, frequency and amount of his leaked documents and the angle he was taking.

I reaffirm my position that he is behaving like a meglo-maniac but would add that it seems he hasn't always been that way.

I think the phrase that starts "Power Corrupts" sums it up nicely.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
'Leaks' is funded by donation, so I was quite surprised to see some of the major donors being: The Los Angeles Times, Associated Press and the National Newspapers Publishers Association among the names.

Why would you be surprised Keith, this whole shit-fight is selling lots of newspapers. They are publishing the leaks and making $$$$ from them while ostensibly keeping their noses clean.

Keith

Why would you be surprised Keith, this whole shit-fight is selling lots of newspapers. They are publishing the leaks and making $$$$ from them while ostensibly keeping their noses clean.

Very true, but no Australian or Brit donors as far as I can see, only American.

Ooops... :worried:

Flamsuit ready....
(I like Terry's version better, Flame sounds so, so very last year))

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Very true, but no Australian or Brit donors as far as I can see, only American.

Ooops... :worried:

Flamsuit ready....
(I like Terry's version better, Flame sounds so, so very last year))

I just took my flam for a walk around the block, didn't know you could get suits for them.

Back