wing mirror advice needed please?

Chris Duncan

Supporter
4) 'Window mount' where I have seen some guys have made a plate that covers up the front corner of the windscreen and allows the mirror to be fitted. (I liked this idea as it might be possible to have a manual adjuster inside the car?)

this is what I did, using only existing window mount holes. After all the body work didn't feel like drilling new holes in the body

used the bullets in aluminum, most of the originals had bullets in chromed steel.

I have two bullets, but replaced the curved convex mirror with a flat mirror, improved visibility and judging distances a lot. I will also install the incar blindspot mirrors, great idea!

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 299
Hendrik,
Those won't pass IVA for size or radius compliance and also external force impact.Period correct maybe... current rules to get car on the road.

Mark, you have a a reply to your PM.

Brett

i took a trip to local scrap yard just for a looksee and found they had a mk2 Mazda (actually 3) mirrors were on my list of possibles so i ask the man and he only wanted £45 for the 2 mirrors and switch, couldn't say no at that price. MAnaged to take enough of the loom etc as well to make it a simple install. Once home, rigged them up on the bench and all work like a dream...

Back