Wiper Question

My wiper assembly appears to have too much slop in the attachment points and wants to come off. Curious if there is another part I'm missing.

The allen screw attachment needs more depth to fully seat.

Randy

Attachments

• DSC0063_small.jpg
    DSC0063_small.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC00632_small.jpg
    DSC00632_small.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
If you decide to do it, that would be an excellent opportunity to replace the brake/clutch reservoirs and plumbing. If you were to pull the access cover on top you might find brake fluid all over the chassis and that the paint is pealing off.

Agree with Mike on the reservoirs. In fact moving both reservoirs to an accessible location in the nose eliminates having to remove the nose to check or change fluid. Also the A/C hoses that are often crushed in the reservoir compartment can be straightened for better cockpit ventilation.

Any pics of you mods would be appreciated! What reservoirs do you prefer?

Thanks, Randy

PS Update on the Wiper fix: received a call from Randy Thomas who is part of the Superformance.org owners group. Easy fix he performed was to drill and tap another allen set screw 90 degrees from the other and closer to the edge, working on that now.

Here are photos of my relocated reservoirs. Initially I kept the original clutch reservoir, but have since replaced that with a Tilton one too. Other plastic ones from Wilwood, etc. would work too. You can keep the original hoses with adaptors if you want. I think some others have completely replaced the hoses with stainless steel braided ones or used 3 reservoirs. See the rest of that thread for ideas.

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/superformance-gt40s/36390-leaking-brake-clutch-fluid.html#post361107

I really like the ideas, improvements here. Reminds me of my Factory Five Racing Daytona, with forum ideas made some real changes that affect aesthetics and the way the car works, just making it better.

That's what I really want, make it reliable, make it easier to maintain and work on.

Spot on, thanks!

Randy

Back