Wooley mammoths

Keith

I am just going to say I was quite hurt by David's dismissive approach to this serious subject but since we're on the subject of food (a matter quite close to his many hearts I'm sure), when I got back from my essentially 2 day trip - found I had nowt at all in the fridge except a minging old packet of French Garlicky Sausages and some Thai Birds Eye chillies (non frozen variety)

So I bunged them into a slow cooker this morning along with a bunch of other left over stuff and I'm eating it now after 10 hours of simmering.

What the hell, I had nothing Toulouse....

From the article...

"What caused this population (and consequently the species as a whole) to go extinct is unknown. It could have been climate, humans or inbreeding (these are the three main hypotheses)", said Dr Dalén. "Or even disease".

So it might have been one of these three possibilities:
1. Climate
2. Humans
3. Inbreeding
4. Disease

"Like most good research, this study raises more questions than it answers."

Before this research, we didn't know what happened to the Woolly Mammoth. Now, we really don't know.

Be reasonable you two. I have openly admitted to my obvious inability to start worthwhile threads. Lets give it a few days and see if I can manage to start another waste of everyone's time!

Back