XJ13 replica

Why not? I seem to recall Gordon Murray specing BMW for the V-12 engine in the McLaren F1 or are Jaguars "verboten"?

R.

Keith

Well, grrrrr, McLaren don't make an engine do they? And Jaguar do....grrrrrr. A perfectly good one and made (yes it was) for the XJ13. And on Webers...deeep joy!

It's almost like suggesting, gnash gnash, a Chevrolet in a GT40... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well, grrrrr, McLaren don't make an engine do they? And Jaguar do....grrrrrr. A perfectly good one and made (yes it was) for the XJ13. And on Webers...deeep joy!

It's almost like suggesting, gnash gnash, a Chevrolet in a GT40... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

? Now that RR's are BMW's what's the problem? There's nothing like the real thing Baby...

I'm with Keith on this..You could put a perfectly good BMW V8 in a 40, fantastic engine, loads of power etc, but it just wouldn't FEEL right. Same with the XJ13.
Simon

Ron Earp

Admin
I dunno, I'm on this side of the pond and I say Jag V12 or nothing - just doesn't make any sense to me to put anything else in there.

Sheesh...sorry guys, I didn't intend to offend your sensibilities or imply that your mother dresses you funny or anything. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Note to self: Don't ever suggest a non-Jag equipment in a Jag to anyone who says "Jag-you-are" and who is likely to have an emotional attachment to British Racing Green. I believe Lucas electrics may be the exception to this rule.

Brett,
Did you know that the original international colour assigned to the UK was going to be Blue!!!
As for the XJ13 being unlucky Green you could always cheat and paint in Ecurie Ecosse( the Scotish team that raced the Lemans winning D types in the 1950's) Flag Metallic Blue .
regards Allan

Denis Bedford

Denis Bedford
Jeez Mark whats wrong with Lucas stuff -they must have invented intermittent wipers,flashing lights,and the on/off on/off on/off on/off switch Denis

Keith

Damn! It always comes back to Lucas.....but I think they made an injection system that worked,

once.

Telcamit?

And how did you know about my mother Mark? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

And no, her name isn't Mark...

Just pulling your respective legs, gents... after listening to the XJ13 taking off in "Victory by Design", it would have to be a Jag V-12.

Speaking of awesome exhaust note, I rank the Jaguar XJ13 next to the Porsche 917 Longtail scene in "Le Mans" as it goes past the pits... gets the blood going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith

C'mon! You know you want to.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 49699-multithrottle.jpg
    49699-multithrottle.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 283

Keith

Hey Ron. Re: V12 availability. best motor to have is the '71-81 European motor as they have typically 10.1 cr and the "flathead" cylinder head design can develop extra horsepower 500 and above with absolutely no problems. The best one out of that range is the mid 1980 production. This was the basis for the 6 litre TWR developed motor in the race cars. After that (1982 onwards, the "HE") they enlarged the chambers to encourage mid range fuel economy and you are limited to about 400hp with these. But, they are cheap. I have just been offered an'89 HE with 60K miles in perfect condition complete shipped to my house for £475 - $900 US at today's rates.

But not like this one!!! (special one off 60 valve - ouch!)

Attachments

• 49700-krs_60_valve(s).jpg
    49700-krs_60_valve(s).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 294

Ron Earp

Admin
Funny, I am actually bidding on a V12 Jag right now. Runner, in bad shape, but, I bet I can part that sucker out and get the engine for less than I can find an engine! I've loacted a few V12s around but people want good money for them. I've watched a lot of auctions and found V12 jags going for sometimes $1500 with a running motor. Sell the rest for parts and one could come out ahead!

I will get one soon to go in the new garage!

Ron

Keith

Go for it, but try and get THESE cylinder heads!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 49709-flat_head_cs.jpg
    49709-flat_head_cs.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 277
Back