ZFQ new proposed GT40 transaxle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dazza- post 94 on page 5? of this thread has a link to the dwgs that should meet your requirements.

Its nearly 4 weeks since the first lot were due for shipment to the USA, must be some first impressions due shortly.

Does anyone by chance have one of the first run units that they would like to sell? I was promised a second run unit, but now for some reason, I can't get a response from Chris about the status of them.

John, too give you an idea of how rare these are check out the date on the first post of this thread (2-8-07). I was one of the first 10 to order and it arrived home yesterday thanks to a lot of help from Chris Melia and Dennis Olthoff. 40 were made in the first production run of which I think I have serial # 12. If I were you I would talk with Chris and get your name on his list. You just have to ask yourself if you have been bad or good, because I think his last name is really Cringle?

Attachments

• IMG_3379.JPG
    IMG_3379.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 608
  • IMG_3383.JPG
    IMG_3383.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 628
  • IMG_3387.jpg
    IMG_3387.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_3389.JPG
    IMG_3389.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 700
ZFQ with bellhousing in UK Superformance.

Attachments

• ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.001.jpg
    ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.001.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 671
  • ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.002.jpg
    ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.002.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 775
  • ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.003.jpg
    ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.003.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 582
  • ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.004.jpg
    ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.004.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 643
Couple moore

Attachments

• ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.005.jpg
    ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.005.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 598
  • ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.006.jpg
    ZFQandbellhousinginstalled.006.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 534
Ok we have seen the product and its beautiful. Now we need to know how much? What sort of timetable for delivery? Will you be selling the other ancillary bits such as clutch starter and bellhousing?I like others here would like to build my own transaxle but if your version can do what mine cant it would cause me to rethink. I assume that the first few were more money but do you see yourself doing large runs of say 500 at a time?
What about spares are you geared up for a parts inventory yet.? I know thats a lot of questions but the transaxle is an area that racing stockcars didnt give me any headstart on.

Hi

The price is £6500 for the second batch run.
The ZFQ Bellhousing designed to fit both Ford and LS Chevy is £400
The clutch fork, cross shaft and arm is £175
Our unit takes the standard 157 tooth Ford flywheel 10.5" clutch and starter form your local dealer.
If you want to go cable change then contact Olthoff Racing they sell them.
To make 500 units is way above reality.
We will be taking orders for the second batch run in October once we have fully delivered the first batch.
Making transaxles is a complicated business and should not be entered into lightly.
Much development work and years of expertise in the field is required and that why we went to RT Quaife Ltd.

Hope I've answered you questions second batch delivery will be commencing in January 09 realistically.

regards

Chris.

ZFQ Installed in a great Southern Gt owned by Glen Mason

Attachments

• P7031783.jpg
    P7031783.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 602
  • P7031782.jpg
    P7031782.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 610
is there a chart or something to determine speeds at redlines or at a given rpm per gears?
im not sure how to word that exactly. i hope you all know what im asking..:)

Hi guys

we are now in a position to take orders for the second batch of 30 X ZFQ transaxles for delivery in
February 09.
We hope to be at the PRI Show with Quaife in December

Regards

Chris.

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
chris thanks for the prices you gave me back in june for the box in the SL-C but decided and ordered a G50/03 to LS3 with fran on my visit
cheers
craig

Also posted on build thread. Quaife ZF-Q bell housing to LS7, slight fettling of one of the two holes for the LS7 location dowels, took just a few minutes with a dremel (Actually it was a force fit as delivered but Mr Melia suggested I eased it just a tad:idea:) but for those of you looking to go down bowtie and Quaife route thought the pics might be of interest.

Attachments

• Gt 40 build 003 bell housing to LS7 001.jpg
    Gt 40 build 003 bell housing to LS7 001.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 580
  • Gt 40 build 003 bell housing to LS7 002.jpg
    Gt 40 build 003 bell housing to LS7 002.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 548
  • Gt 40 build 003 bell housing to LS7 003.jpg
    Gt 40 build 003 bell housing to LS7 003.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 500
Hi guys

Just to confirm the we have now sold ZFQ transaxles to owners of

SPF GT40s
RCR GT40s Ford and Chevy LS
CAV GT40s
Southern GT GT40s
Bailey Edward's GT40s
Honda F1 re-pro, LS chevy powered

Hope this helps show the diversity of the ZFQ and we are also in talks with a new super car company here in the UK.

Regards

Chris

PS Hi John thanks for posting your RCR LS chevy/ZFQ photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back