ZFQ new proposed GT40 transaxle

Status
Not open for further replies.
PRI show

Hi Guys

Martin and I will be on the Quaife stand at this weeks PRI show, with the ZFQ.

Hope to see you there.

Regards

Chris.

Just recovering from jet lag after the PRI Show in Florida. The show was over three days and was quite busy throughout. We had a lot of interest shown in the transaxle and as a result have made a number further sales and a great deal of interest was shown by some car manufacturers in the States. Some will now be ending up in DeTomaso Pantera's and BMW M1's as well as a Porsche 917 replica. The next batch will be available as of February.

Attachments

• P1030099.jpg
    P1030099.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 593
I’m going to be using an external clutch slave cylinder. If anyone has done this on a ZFQ would you please share some pictures? I currently have everything but the bracket. It would even be better if I could just buy one that already works. Thanks.

Martin,
It was great meeting you and have to hand it to you, the ZFQ is a home run. The dog ring option is the icing on the cake. Thanks for taking the time with me and showing me the videos from Kyalami. You and Chris made my trip worth while.
Chris
Vintage GT Coupes

Richard.
I have some pictures of installations with our bellhousing I can let you have. Let me have your e-mail and I will get them to you as soon as possible.

Chris.
It was a pleasure meeting you all at the show. Everyone was so complimentary about the transaxle and what we have achieved. There are some interesting projects in the states which will end up with a ZFQ Transaxle, one which will end up with a visit to the Bonneville Salt Flats. Can't wait.

W.C.Dilweg
Two cars recently ran at Kyalami with out transmissions in a three hour endurance race, neither car had a pump, filter or cooler fitted. At the end of the race I measured their temps and the max was 125 degrees C at the point where the exhausts cross the top of the case. The rest of the casing was at 90-95 degrees C. I spoke to Peter Lindenberg within minutes of getting out of one the car's and asked what the box felt at the end of the race. He said it felt exactly the same as at the start. That said it will always be a help to have a cooler and filter fitted. I have spoken to many on the subject throughout developing the transmission and all say a filter and cooler help. I won't be fitting either to my car which will be used for road use, hill climbs and the odd track day. The ZFQ uses the ATB differential which produces far less heat than a conventional differential. I hope this information is of use. If you have any other queries please ask as we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards Martin.

Chris,
Was great talking to you at the PRI show. I know now how to solve the continuing problems with the ZF box we currently use in the two BMW M1 Procars we race in HSR and SVRA. I hope soon both of the cars will be equipped with the ZFQ.

Attachments

• celeb-8.jpg
    celeb-8.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 438
Hi Markus
I am very excited by the M1 BMW version of the ZFQ with it's streight cut gears and dog engagement. I should also announce to the Forum a third version of the ZFQ with Helical gears and dog engagement designed as a track use transaxle.

2009 should be another very busy and interesting year as there is a single make GT40 race series being proposed for GT40s equipped with ZFQ transaxles.

Markus I look forward to working with you in the new year and wish you and everyone on the Forum a Happy Christmas, and prosperous New year.

Regards

Chris Melia.
GT Transmissions Ltd.

PS. Dave Telling has just ordered a ZFQ for Christmas for installation in his son's RCR,( now that's what I call a Christmas present )

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Chris,

This is great news, next question is when will we see a fully sequential version available?

Hi Tom

Nice video, you could make a BMW owner out of me yet? please pass on my details to this guy, he may be tired of the ZF's five hours between strip down regime when racing these cars.

Best regards
and Happy Christmas

Chris.

Hi Tom
We managed to get 36 ZFQ transaxles from the first batch there is one left just waiting for you, I can send you our banking details by return and ship it out on the 4 January when Quaife return to work. With this exchange rate it would make good financial sense to buy it now.

Regards

Chris.

Hi Tom
We managed to get 36 ZFQ transaxles from the first batch there is one left just waiting for you, I can send you our banking details by return and ship it out on the 4 January when Quaife return to work. With this exchange rate it would make good financial sense to buy it now.

Regards

Chris.

Chris
Is the price still 5995 GBP, and 400 GBP for the bellhousing?

If I get this unit, how much will it cost for the parts to convert it to dog ring later?

Hi guys

here is a totally new car available in 09 at around $65,000 features the ZFQ and LS3 powertrain.

Regards

Chris.

Attachments

• _DS36543.jpg
    _DS36543.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 678
  • _DS36551.jpg
    _DS36551.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 512
  • _DS36577.jpg
    _DS36577.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 672