FIA GT3 Ford GT

have a look at this picture I've Made in monza last sunday (too hot guys..sometimes I really feel as a sick enthusiast...about +45C on the track..).

the car was obviously the nicest and the one with the best sound around.
Unfortunately after Bucarest win they gave the car some extra weight and some limitiation to its power...so Monza was the worst place to ride it (started 3rd..arrived 5th..).
Also the driver werent at the level....consider the winning car was a chevy Corvette C6 driven by Klaus Ludvig (LOL...I have model cars from 1978 driven by old Klaus,and a LOT of DTMs from the 80s..:D).

All this cathegory (FIA gt3)is driven by gentlemen drivers

Attachments

• pd40.jpg
    pd40.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 344
Official Website of the FIA GT3 European Championship
this is the website for the cathegory.

The medium lap for those cars in Monza is around 1.55 (the pole was done by Ludvig in '53..)

http://www.fiagt3.com/newsitem.php?key=121

Really a too nice Ford GT.

Consider anyway those gt3 cars are a LIGHT modification from standard cars , not really as real FIA GT cars (here: http://www.fiagt.com/results.php?event=4&season=2007&session=Qualifying 1 u can have an idea of the different timings).
FIA GT cars lap around 10-15 seconds less than FIA GT3s

Too happy anyway to see "my" pilot Ryan Sharp winning with Karl Wendlinger with Aston Martin DBR9
Last year he was our Jas Wtcc second car driver (I was his truck driver..I remember I told him nearly 100 times he has to WIN always..cause he is scottishrockonsmile as Jim Clark..so win win win hahahahah..:D).
So happy for his victory now, he is a cool guy and a very good driver.

Unfortunately this time in Monza the car.63 Ferrari 430,didnt had my hero racing (Nigel Mansell).
I was inside the track without the ticket (I love to enter from old "sopraelevata"...walk for 1 kmt in the silence in the same places where gt40s raced:),no controls never there.. )but was ready to pass every check point to arrive the paddock and have his signature:rolleyes:

Attachments

• cm_4.jpg
    cm_4.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Back