388 views and no one asked the obvious!

Howard Jones

Supporter
If that was my nose I'd fix it. 100 bucks worth of fiberglass and a repaint and it would be good to go. Really........ oh and on a track car I'd paint it with a rattle can.

Sorry to see that buddy...........easy big fella............easy...........

Dean,

Ouch, but these things happen if you are pushing the envelope.

imagine if it was a lambo or a ferrari.... $5k might buy the fasteners?

The more you track your car, the more probable that certain horribles will occur. Eventually the track boogy man will bite you in some way. On the track you are maximizing almost every part in your car for very prolonged time periods,... and sometimes dealing with occasional and damaging OFF's. In real racing, it is the same, only multiplied many times, plus there is actual contact from other cars. Almost ALL things can break, and accidents do happen.

Choose tracks with the widest tarmacs and the largest and best run out areas. If there are walls, change your driver thinking when driving near them, completely! If you are a novice, get instruction each and every time that you go on track! Do NOT try to track a car by yourself until you have been completely OKed by a real instructor. If you are an expert, get peer instruction every chance you can! Don't ever grow too big to get better instruction.

John, you are exactly right. It would be fantastic to run a track with you someday when your car is ready.

Howard, I know you have some mad skills! The issue wasn't the number of pieces but the fact that the gel coat was totally cracked everywhere and to do it right you would have to remove all of that. Fran gave me a good price on a new front clip that was in the neighborhood of my repair estimates. You could easily add 75 to 100 pounds with a repair like this. It really wasn't an option for me.

Also, I always want my cars to look great. They spend more time asleep in the garage than they do on the track and I want them to look cool.

Dean I am the same way, my car has to look good at all times. If you can, you can take the new nose and have them make a mold of it, then take the old nose and they can cut the bad away and remold the nose, will look new and not have all the weight, you now have a spare nose and a mold to repair any more boo boos. I now really watch areas on the track that can come back and bite me hard when in the SLC. I just have to get it in my brain I am not racing just having fun, which is hard, I have been racing since 1992. Hated to see the damage but looks like you are on top of it and will be back to new.
Bob D

Back