IMG_4392.jpg

But I prefer billet.
Rears waiting a file.
Chassis Brackets.jpeg

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
I'll second that! Making more?
Guys
Those assemblies above are very rare original Hartwell latches re-utilised as donors and rebuilt into the correct box plates.
Your best chance of getting something similar is to look for the excellent reproductions for sale on the forums..

IMG_1101.jpeg
Hartwell Latches.jpg

James, hopefuly you are able to teach me here.

I notice in this image, that some of the latches seem to have a split pin in the adjustment clevis, am I seeing that correctly?
Do you know if the GT40s ran with this split pin in place, or was this only used in the Aircraft ?
One of mine seems to have a damaged thread as a result of something getting stuck in the hole where the split pin would go.

hartwell-latches-jpg.129381

Ryan

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Ryan
My thoughts....
Once the "adjustment" clevis is turned and tensioned correctly to lock the latch you need the split cotter pin to fix it, else there is a chance of the loose end turning on the thread and slacking off the clevis when the panel "or clip" is released and removed in our case.

yes, I understand why there was the split pin in it and what the function it. I am more curious if anyone knows if it was fitted to the GT40s?

(Riveting I know, ill get my hat and start eating it now :p)

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
yes, I understand why there was the split pin in it and what the function it. I am more curious if anyone knows if it was fitted to the GT40s?

(Riveting I know, ill get my hat and start eating it now :p)

Yep - a bit like all of my stuff on here - boring an RShole in a wooden horse :)

Back