706hp

To those who think some of our builds are a little conservative, we offer evidence of our on-going efforts to dispel that notion. The Man O’War Hardcore 427 Drag Man O’War small block.
Pictures speak louder than words (But NOT louder than this motor!)
DynoSheet-1.jpg

Now 706 HP should produce ¼ mile times conservatively in the low 10 range in the right, light vehicle and traps in the 137 MPH range. A/F ratios and BSFC figures are excellent.
Here’s a brief description of this combination: Man O’War iron 9.5 deck block, with 13.5:1 using C-14 race gas, forged and balanced Eagle and Mahle internals, Hardcore spec solid roller, and the really significant items, new Man O’War 235cc, 18 degree heads. We pulled out some stops to see what they’d really produce. We hand-ported them in-house the good old fashioned way-slight tootsie roll in chamber and ports, gasket and manifold match and our killer valve job. Speaking of manifolds, due to selling out our batch of Man O’War single plane intakes, we temporarily reverted to the Super Victor with 4500 adapter. We anticipate a little more power very soon when our manifold arrives.
Remember, we’ve put LS style ports in Ford architecture. Seems to work OK…
IMG_0024.jpg

Now we know that this is not the prime choice for all GT and Cobra enthusiasts but we also know that many of us have other Ford-based hobby and track cars. All the build and pricing details can be found on The Engine Shop site in my sig for those with interest.

Chaz,
That motor may make me scratch my 428 rebuilt on my 69 Mach 1...its at the shop right now. I'm seriously thinking about your 460 for my 70 Mach1 daily driver to replace my 351-W. One of your 347 alum. motors may do nicely for my GT40. Any numbers for 347 alum. motor?

Leonard

Leonard,
Thanks for your interest in our "Men Of 'War". You have a nice selection of vehicles in which to excercize them.
Not to pick nits but our "347" is a 349. :) That's 4.00" x 3.47" stroke. If by "numbers" you're referring to power figures, I'll dig out a dyno sheet at the shop tomorrow and post. The "World Class" version is rated at 415HP / 405 LbFt. See all the specs and the pricing on the "Engine Shop" site in my sig.
We are awaiting our first production batch of 8.2 deck aluminum blocks within two weeks I'm told, as about 40 of them are being machined right now. I'll also post updates when they're here and I'd welcome PM's from those interested or who have tech questions.

Chaz,
I stand corrected, I'm sure that extra 2 cubes will add at least 50 hp and cut 1 sec. off the time slip...just kidding:). I will appreciate the dyno sheet info on the "smaller" small block Ford motors. Actually, that 371 looks like a nice package for a street driven GT40 as well.

What is the significance in the "LS style ports in Ford architecture". How does that differ from the standard style ford ports? Is the difference on the intake or exhaust side?

Leonard

Leonard,
First the easy part. Here are the 349 and 371, 8.2 deck dyno sheets. Ted gave me the most recent 371 which had our hydraulic roller option and made about 25 HP more than the standard build hydraulic cam. So I'm sorry it's not apples to apples. We are finding the hydraulic rollers are very popular options across the board.
349DYNO.jpg

371DYNO.jpg

To clarify about the LS style reference, here's what I meant to say.
The 200 and 235cc 18 deg. head was born with chamber design features and placement developed from our Warhawk LS program. The ports are reworked developments of our previous Windsor design, and the standard Windsor angle of 20 deg "rolled" to 18. The port locations are stock, just bigger and reshaped. These have shown dyno numbers exactly equal to our previous CNC "standard" 200cc head up to 6000 where these improve by 13HP to 6300. The Drag version above proved that they love RPM because up to about 7000 they pick-up 40 more. So they love to breathe.
The true LS influence is found in the 10 deg Man O'War (not yet in production but proto testing). These are 275 and 285cc runners which are directly from our LS program. They have highly raised ports (compared to SBF aftermarket) with a pronounced angle change to 10 deg. These are currently only for sheetmetal intakes and big boost. Indeed, we've seen 440cfm on ported versions we've done, which is more flow than our ported 350cc Merlins!
All of this is on-going development, but the "Sportsman" ported set on the Drag version is now a readily available option.
By the way, the 349 and 371 sheets show the "standard" CNC head which is being replaced by the new Man O'War line.
Confused yet?

Back