8 Stack fuel injection

i purchased directly from inglese. the fuel pumps are in line pumps provided by FAST technologies. I had a two tanks two elect fuel pumps setup before. I wanted the two switches on the dash to control the two new pumps. I simply put the both high pressure lines into a T connection with fuel check valves on both lines. then when the pump is not active the check valve prevents backflow. I also used two electric fuel shut off valves(closed when not energized) on the return lines which also were T'd. when i energize the fuel i open the return line valve. So excess fuel goes back to the tank it came from. I can even turn on both pump and works fine.

Cobrajet
the system did come with an idle air control valve. In fact i had only one tank i would have just needed fuel line. The system came with everything needed to install including all sensors.

LLoyd

Lloyd,
Good to hear the IAC and most everything else is included in the package from Inglese. TWM quoted another $311 for that piece alone.

More questions....where did you mount your O2 sensors? The bundle of snakes (RCR?) included with my kit do not fit very well in the header/collection joint (air gaps). I am searching for EFI friendly 'Bundle of Snakes' for my setup or figure out a way to expand the header pipes to form a better seal against the collector or mount the sensors on the header pipe.

Tom

COBRAJET
i can believe the air idle control cost that much. It is an expensive looking unit. As far as the o2 sensor i put it in the the collector on one side. The real problem is they want it mounted on top so water can't collect. That didn't happen. I put the sensor in the collector where the muffler connects about 7 o'clock so it points down and out. THe heat shield really hides it.

i found my drawing from where I designed the fuel system. Picture worth a thousand words

Attachments

• GT40FUEL.jpg
    GT40FUEL.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 432
Hello I am looking for an 8 Stack fuel injection system for a 351W
perfer one that has the fuel rails running through the center and a polished set up would be bonus.
Cheers,

Grant, a TWM setup (polished) just popped up on EEEbay. Do a search for '351 8 stack fuel injection' and it will come up.

.....I also used two electric fuel shut off valves(closed when not energized) on the return lines which also were T'd. when i energize the fuel i open the return line valve. So excess fuel goes back to the tank it came from. I can even turn on both pump and works fine.

Lloyd, I am searching for dual solenoid shutoff valves for each side to eliminate the check valves. If you know of any out there, let me know.

Not knowing what HP fuel pump came with your system, do you know if your fuel system can take a 150psi spike if the shutoff valve was to fail closed? If you blow an O-ring on the fuel rail or injector side, and spray fuel all over, could be a bad day...

Bosch states their 044 pump, internally bypasses at around 162psi, and draws 18amps at that point. Fuel pressure or amp draw should be regulated before these numbers are reached without over-complicating the system. A second regulator set to a higher than normal operating pressure might work as could a lower amp circuit breaker.

Tom

Cobrajet

hers is where i got my fuel shut off solenoids. Not cheap i think about $250 each. High quality
I will check on the fuel pump concerns. Would not be a good day.

the concern is if the return didn't open. i have the same power going to the fuel pump as well as the solenoid. If the solenoid failed to open and fuel pump overloaded it would hopefully blow the fuse

Kinsler Fuel Injection Handbook/Catalog

LLoyd

Cobrajet
A thanks goes out to you.
Your question got me thinking about a solenoid fail on the return side would create pressure which could create a fuel leak.

I called Kinsler Fuel injection parts they have a high pressure fuel cut off switch. if pressure exceeds the adjustable limit (30-70 lb) it opens an electric circuit. I will put this in line with the fuel pump solenoid and kill power to the pump. I plan on putting this on both return lines this way if one fails i still have a second system. if both fail AAA is a call away
but at least i'm not on fire
thanks
LLoyd

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Instead of installing two check valves why not one of these:
Fuel Valve1.jpg
Very basic design but works like a charm.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Tim,
I'm not planning to use check valves, just shutoff valves. I believe the check valves don't flow as well and more prone to sticking.

Tom

Then better yet, why add more electrical components than necessary? This "tee" is ridiculously simple. It has a floating ball that seals the inlet opposite the side pump pressure is coming from and flow is not restricted through -8 line and tee. I've driven 7k-9k miles of fuel through this without a single issue :thumbsup: Pumps on the other hand, I've had my problems but not this tee.

Can't remember exactly what it cost but the the only down side was it wasn't cheap:thumbsdown:
Tim

Tim,
I believe you are using this on the pressure side only. I've seen this T before on another thread and it looks like a simple solution to separate the two pumps, but what is your setup on the return side?

Tom

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
IIRC, my return line comes off the regulator and feeds back to the tank. I have only one inlet line to my injector fuel rails which is capped off at the opposite end with a pressure gauge (seen thru the rear window). There is no return line off my fuel rails. What ever does not get regulated to the fuel rails\injectors is diverted at the regulator back to the tank it originated from.

I'll check when I get home tonight but that's how my feeble memory recalls it.

Interesting design 2 regulators feeding a one way T connector to the fuel rails. each regulator dumping unrestricted back to the originating tank. I think this would have worked for me less complicated

LLoyd

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
I went back in some old files and found I purchased it in 2006 and it was $375 (I remember it being expensive but I had forgotten hoooow expensive!). I see they don't have a website but try the contact below, the phone's connected to a message machine so you might get a call back. I'm assuming it's still the same guy\company;

Performance Fabrication
213 East Luzerne Ave.
Larksville, PA 18704
(570) 283-1170

BTW, it is hose size -6 (not -8 as mentioned above) and no problem with fuel flow.

Tim

You can do the same thing with the Kinsler three way valve. We used to use them on the old Lucas mechanical injection on F5000, Can Am etc. It replaces the old Lucas "Disprin Valve " that went between the mechanical and electric priming pump,. Used them for numerous motors and zero trouble.
Part #s are 8102 for # 6 and 8101 for # 8. Or they do a blank one that you can mix,n,match your own fittings.

Mike

Hello I am looking for an 8 Stack fuel injection system for a 351W
perfer one that has the fuel rails running through the center and a polished set up would be bonus.
Cheers,

Hello deadshot,

I have an "8 Stack" EFI system listed for sale here http://www.gt40s.com/forum/garage-sale/35005-f-s-independent-runner-efi-intake.html#post343060

EFI_Intake_Side.jpg

The intake has separate left right banks so will work on motors w/different deck heights. The airbox is fabricated based on a 9.2" deck height.

It uses your preferred arrangement for the center fuel rail, and can be used with either set of (8) injectors ... or all (16).

If you're looking for a complete system including Motec electronics and harness, I may be able to help with that as well.

Regards,
Dave

Back