A/C thermostat switch operation advice required please

With reference to the diagram, I am assuming it is necessary to have a 12v feed to the A/C Thermostat switch labelled Black, then when the knob is turned on (it clicks on when initially turned) this switches the 12v to the Blue wire and onto the Binary / Trinary switch?
Then adjustment of the knob dictates the temperature the compressor switches on and off.
binarydiag.jpg

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Correct what you do not see is the capillary bulb going to your evaporator from this switch. I am using a trinary switch to turn on the fans when pressure gets high so the fan only runs when needed. Once road speed is up you should have enough flow that a fan is not needed.

Correct what you do not see is the capillary bulb going to your evaporator from this switch. I am using a trinary switch to turn on the fans when pressure gets high so the fan only runs when needed. Once road speed is up you should have enough flow that a fan is not needed.
Thanks, David knob is not switching 12v across only bought it about 15 years ago so may have to source a new one. :)

Back