Alain de Cadenet gets a haircut

That is very good. Had to send that link to a buddy in UK who has adopted the use of the repeated phase at the end of that clip "F M" as his favorite part about life in the UK! Not only that I'm willing to bet that everybody on this board likes old planes too. Goes hand in hand with GT40s.

Thanks for the link!

Chuck

Lends new meaning to the phrase, "Alain with his hair down!"

I wonder if that is the Spitfire that de Cadenet owns...

[ QUOTE ]
Lends new meaning to the phrase, "Alain with his hair down!"

I wonder if that is the Spitfire that de Cadenet owns...

[/ QUOTE ]

He owns a Spit?

ex-Porsche,

You're welcome! I just about died when I watched it for the first time. A buddy came over a few days ago and watched it for the first time. Same reaction! I reckon the Spit flew by with a speed between 200-250 mph. What do you think?

Yessir:

http://www.victorybydesign.com/alian.htm

Granted, that doesn't say if he actually owns it now, or at some time in the past, but either way it serves to underscore the notion that AdC is one of the luckiest gearheads on the planet. Between owning them and driving (flying) them, he's probably got more seat time in neat machines than just about anyone around--

I was trying to figure out who was flying the plane and reasoned it was his head mechanic (and certainly not his wife) with the following...

So your flying a beautiful spitfire, possibly Alain's, and your supposed to do a strafe run right over him. Not to fast, certainly not too slow. Your thinking about all his great toys, how much they are worth (pul up a bit since this is a rare toy). There's a bit of a sidewind (perhaps a little highter). A litle pressure wave over that last hedgerow (a little higher still). You think of the upkeep cost of those toys (this is where the wife heads lower and the mechanic higher). You think of the restoration costs on the toys in waiting (mechanic still higher/wife is now thinking about calanques and Cassis and is taking aim)...

Not knowing AdC's wife and all but I would not do that stunt with my wife of 18 years and the mother of our 2 children! I bet Seinfeld or Leno would do something like that with their head mechanics too.

Chuck

I certainly don't know him personally but I have a distinct impression that AdC is not, and has never been, married, in which case he must lead the life most bachelors (and, er, married guys) only dream of... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back