Audi 0A2, Porsche G87/20, G87/21

So the gearboxes listed are the Audi and the two Porsche variants of the same box. Getrag 6MTK380. My knowledge is more of the Porsche boxes and I can say the only difference between the two are ratios.

My question to the group is are there any replacement parts available for them?
Porsche would rather I buy a new box for $4500k or a used box for $3k both are readily available.
What I'm wondering is if Audi has made available parts, syncros, gears, hubs, sliders... for them already?

Hi John,

Keep in mind that Porsche will require a core return at that price, of $4500.00 and a used gearbox is likely to have issues with it, as well. We purchase these all the time and usually have to do a full rebuild on them.

Part availability is pretty tricky, and difficult to come by, but if you have a gearbox that needs to be gone through, give me a call and I will be happy to try to help you with this.

Erik Johnson
GBox, LLC
(303) 440-8899 work

So the gearboxes listed are the Audi and the two Porsche variants of the same box. Getrag 6MTK380. My knowledge is more of the Porsche boxes and I can say the only difference between the two are ratios.

My question to the group is are there any replacement parts available for them?
Porsche would rather I buy a new box for $4500k or a used box for $3k both are readily available.
What I'm wondering is if Audi has made available parts, syncros, gears, hubs, sliders... for them already?

I can't speak for parts availability on the Porsche side but I've had great success getting parts for Audi 0A2's from my European suppliers.

Back