Caddy Coupe CTSV or something like that

Another high-power-density application I toyed with for a while is a very light-weight (eg carry-on) scooter. Sort of a smaller/simpler/cheaper answer to a Segway.

This one will be a lot lighter when I switch it from AGM to lithium. It rides in my dinghy when I'm anchored out for ground transportation. I'm using an Etek motor at 48 volts, peak amps of 400. So peak HP 25+ continuous 7 3/4 hp.
DSC00004_21200x900.jpg

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Bob:

I have driven a six speed CTS-V on the Laguna Seca track and was very impressed. You are right about the suspension. The stock Brembo brakes are very good as well. It would be a great dailey driver.

Mike,

That was what I was waiting to hear. As owners of GT 40s, who better to evaluate what the V can do. Since you had one out on a track, you had a chance to wring it out. When folks on the forum comment on a car without ever tracking it like you did, it is more of a personal taste thing. Cadillac offers track days in their Vs at a good price, and until you have driven one pushed hard, you have no idea how such a smooth driving car that lacks the harshness of other performance street cars, can pull a corner so flat and controllable.

Again, thanks Mike for speaking as a GT-40 owner/driver, who didn't dis the V because you had track time in one.

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I'll add that the V did things that would be impossible to do in a GT-40. You have a great car that needs to be driven. I just need to get one for myself.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I'm with Mike and Bob. I think the CTS-V coupe and wagon with the manual may be worth something in 30-40 years.

I'm out and about looking for a fast daily driver. Corvettes don't do it for me. The Vs are GREAT cars, drove a 4 door yesterday afternoon, 2011. I'm dead set on an M6 -- freaking things have depreciated from $110k new to $45k for low mileage 08s and 09s -- but the V is a hell of an alternative and with the low production numbers, in 30 or 40 years I think they will be worth something.

Sometimes the emotional attachment comes with nostalgia for an ERA, not a car. People forget, the Hemi was a very hard motor to sell back in 68-71. Plenty of them sat on lots for years. Superbirds and Charger Daytonas? Laughed at.

I'm guilty of Corvette ownership, but for a different reason. I think a 10 year old vette is an automotive bargain. You can always find one with only 30K miles, the owner thinking it was a collectible and treated it as such, but reality and KBB was contrary, so it gets sold for $12K~$15K. Where else would you find a car as capable as a 10 year old vette, that on the highway will break 30 mpg, low miles, for that price?

Another reason I picked up the V was I've been caring for my 93 year old dad and my stable of cars and trucks were not comfortable for him to either get into, or ride for any length of time. The V coupe is easy for him to get into, the smoothness and flat cornering has allowed for 10 hour trips. Took him to Yosemite via Hwy 49 from my house, very twisty roads and to my surprise upon leaving he asked if we could go home via Hwy 395, adding more time to the trip. For the great memories alone with pop, the V was worth every dime.
DSC008891014x760.jpg

DSC008751014x760.jpg

Back