Coil location MKII

Dave, I believe those to be Oetiker
clamps as shown here.

Regards Brian
Brian, The clamps I am referring to are the ones clamping the pumps to the bracket with the name Jubilee stamped on them not the clamps on rubber hose.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
COIL.jpg

Those hose clamps on the 240’s are not stock. They should be a solid metal clamp. Another question is, what’s the deal on clear filter? Looks like something off a 1950’s Buick straight six.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Thread drift here but I agree, the Stewart Warner 240 was usually fitted with the standard SW clamp and rubber shock ring, however there were various methods for fitting the pump/pumps in the GT40. I have seen at least four ways.

"Cheney" hose clips were more commonly used for hoses and tube fittings in the day. These are similar to those made and traded under Jubilee and later by Mikalor and those by Cheney are quite rare now. The Jaguar restorers love them, even rusty.

Mentioning rare, that "deal" which you queried on the glass filter is hardly a deal at all. (usually costs £500 for a good one)
It is a fuel regulator made by Fispa Torino. Part number FRB 11. You can change out the glass bowl for a spun steel one.

FISPA REGULATOR 01.jpeg

Last edited:
Back