Oil tank fill cap

Looking for info , make , part number, etc…. or purchase original oil tank cap for MKII. Looking for the one with the tabs/ears. Thanks in advance

I assume you’re looking for the fill cap to fit this type of twist lock opening? I’ve been searching high and low for them, with no luck. I’m actually surprised they aren’t readily available.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    448.9 KB · Views: 68

Pedro

Supporter
Like this one? If I find anything I will let you know.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-22 113938.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-22 113938.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 60
Very easy, or at least this is what i think it is.

Wisco Products 300 series filler breather cap / neck. 303 scalloped style.
as you can see from Pedro's photo Option it with Black Alloy to match.

I think 1046 and some of the other MK IIs used a slightly different cap.

gasket for oil, you also want the stainless steel link chain that goes down inside the tank, keeping the lid captive so it does not get lost. Check the photos carefully, I think they were also optioned with the locking tab. I think there was a requirement to have the oil cap locked for some races.

Will certainly get you in the ball park.

You can also check "Hydraulic Filler Breather Necks" as a general search to see if something else comes up.

Ryan

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
If we are discussing a cap for a MKII front dry sump tank, it used as I mentioned previously, this "37 gals" oil cap.
This original MKII dry sump cap also has a chain and gasket. They were cadmium plated steel and had a screw thread to the tank.
Shelby Drg No. 6673

DSC01586.jpeg
s-l1600.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg
IMG_2013.jpeg

Last edited:
Meng+Model+GT+40+Mk.II+Le+mans+24Hr+%252813%2529.jpg

My comments were based on the yellow car at the Simeone museum.

Wisco have the screw in filler necks listed as a part. They don’t have that cap design you mention though James.

Back